When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...1/24/21

-
$20 worth of Craigslist fun......I bought it for the "bike" reflector......Ft. Ord license from the old base.

I just went out Tuesday to pick up an original vintage black early 1970's Garnet Session Man Quad amplifier for my man cave. It was made locally here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada by "Gar Gilles" and was totally gone thru by an old guy (my age) that runs a repair shop (sold to me after going thru it/replaced a few tubes etc.) for old tube amp stuff etc. WOW does that thing ROCK, SURF, JAZZ... they call Garnet amps the "Winnipeg Sound" after the bands The Guess Who and Randy Bachman ( BTO and others) other local guys used and helped develop equipment, then later bands like Big Sugar. Note the corners do not have metal bumper caps on them. This unit was not meant for travel. It has Tremelo, Fuzz, and Reverb.

Quoted on a Garnet website” Garnet

Session Man
Quad
4x12 Combo
(G250Q)

The rare Session Man Quad was the perfect studio amp. Not only because of the Session Man's tonal versatility but because it was just too damn heavy to gig with.”

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

sessman412.jpg

Thanks to @Callahooney1 I brought a nice old badge home that has a special meaning to me- I grew up going to Lucas sporting goods here in Colorado Springs. It closed sometime in the '70's and this badge is probably teens when W I owned the store. My family were also retailers in downtown COS and were good friends with the Lucas family when I was young so I always got special treatment (or at least I thought so!). The badge is in great shape, I borrowed this photo from the ad here in the Cabe since I haven't had good light to photograph it. Thanks Callahooney1!
Lucas headbadge.jpg

Rick

"The CABE" inspired wood knobs are from a impulse purchase at "Hobby Lobby" wondering around aimlessly one day boosting my creativity.
Whereas, I modified-stained-jeweled-painted them as matching valve stem components for a bicycle build as Folk Art.
I appreciate the Show N Tell Threads.
Thanks for sharing and looking.

IMG_4059.jpeg

IMG_4060.jpeg

A few bits came my way this week. A Firestone Supreme speedo which I have been wanting forever for my Huffman Firestone Supreme; thanks Santi! A Paul 409 front derailleur in the Rasta color way. Here is a tool I wish I knew about ages ago: the Keithbar @keithsbikes. This handy tool makes straightening pedal axles a breeze! I also started mocking up the Crescent model number 9 with the Motosacoche engine; thanks @John Sheedy and Eric!

6A11BB8F-A78C-44FE-B5FB-BEDB481F3D3C.jpeg

8BFEC58F-A3DB-4A7E-8E5E-52AEB8274CD6.jpeg

F9E4397E-C4F3-4CFB-AB12-84CBF1DD89A3.jpeg

11427B24-3D15-45C5-8A25-9A700295086B.jpeg

C9B266D6-8771-4D04-A8BE-82EC909D02B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back