When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...1/31/21

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Among many other bicycle brands, Van Camp sold Ben Hur bicycles.

A pretty good week, but an almost new Guild guitar ( pricey too!!) I bought came with a fractured finish because of temperature change. Seller told me I should have waited 24 hours to unpack ( it was coming from a ice cold van) before I opened the case into my warm home, so ( he gave me a small discount/refund) I caused the problem. I understand what he says, I quote ("This is clearly a thermal shock (finish cracks like that are caused by a rapid change of temperature not because the box was dropped by the carrier). You usually have to wait about 24 hours before opening the shipping box and/or the guitar case after a few days of transit in the cold. Maybe I should've warned you... my bad. I'm so overworked..!") BUT, I think coming from 1400 miles away Purolator courier, I think it experienced more than a few temperature changes on route to my home and was already cracked when I opened it. A real bummer. Still plays nice, but sad to have the finish cracked.

img0971_600.jpg

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

My Christmas present from my wife showed-up on Friday, 14 x 30 lofted outbuilding. My new bike room! Just need to get power hooked-up & insulate & finish the walls. Also picked up a 1958 Tornado at a local thrift shop.
I hope I can fit 60+ bikes in there!
View attachment 1348413

View attachment 1348414

View attachment 1348415

View attachment 1348416

It was a good week!! :cool:

That is the best Christmas gift I've ever seen! Did the Wife find that on Amazon? ;) I assume it was assembled on site, kind of big to be transported already assembled. Very nice looking out building!

On a brighter note ( no pun intended?) I got another cool black/white metal model of a Nash Metropolitan ( I have a full size '57 Convert. many of you know) and have the red/white version model as well ( and yes, a cream yellow/white in transit..lol..). Then a HUGE Dick Tracy Marx toy car ( repro windshield) like I used to own about 20 years ago in my collection, and a Wild Friction Turbine Japan made ATC tin GM Firebird II, rare toy. Even has most of the original plastic canopy. Oh yeah, and a working ( I have a gold version non working, and another blue that kinda works partly/with original box also pictured) Mr. Mercury Robot. These rarely work. I love the little green men in the face behind the plastic screen. The eyes are men controlling the robot!!

IMG_3067.JPG

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

Last edited:
I grabbed this 1991 Trek 2500 off CL. It is in exceptional condition and even had the original seat, though I replaced it for now. This was one of Trek's first forays into carbon fiber frames (they were introduced around 1987). It has polished aluminum lugs and carbon tubes. Groupset is Dura Ace.
Trek_2500_LO.jpg

This 1955 Indian Scout is the one that was in the box I showed last week. This is the seller's picture. I don't have the bike together yet as it has a couple issues I need to iron out. Hopefully I'll have it together next weekend.
2.jpeg

Last edited:
I was awakened Monday morning bright and early for delivery and drop in of Shed #4 - 12 X 24into the shed farm. This is going to be primarily for storage of Cycle-Trucks as the population has outgrown the present Shed they were living in. This will be an ongoing process for a while as they are relocated from the present location into this one. I looked at the ones like shown earlier in this thread but decided to stay with this design as there are two others like it already here. This one was an "in-stock" one from the same vendor I got the others from and is the same size as my shop/storage shed currently in use.

It is now in place and I have cleared my Florida Room / Office and all of what was inside the Office is now inside #4. A new bottle of extra strength pain and back medicine was installed in the office once I was done moving stuff around. My wife assisted in the relocation of bikes and boxes here
The phone battery died so I will post a couple of additional shots later.

REC

That is the best Christmas gift I've ever seen! Did the Wife find that on Amazon? ;) I assume it was assembled on site, kind of big to be transported already assembled. Very nice looking out building!
Thanks! Yeah, she's a keeper! ;) It came fully assembled! The installers used a thing called a Mule to tow it by remote control right into the spot I wanted it in!! Unbelievable!

Back