When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...10/13/19

-
I was looking for a bike on craigslist for my daughter and this had just been posted. I had to see it, ride it, and buy it. I am now into a new hobby!

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9795.PNG

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9796.PNG

Two somewhat unique cars for me over the last two days, a 1972 Honda Z600 coupe that is much more complete and restorable than it appears to be in this picture and this 1959 Triumph TR3.
Both prices started with a "5", one a four digit number and the other just a 2 digit number. I believe they were both bargains.[emoji846]
View attachment 1078219View attachment 1078220

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That TR looks pretty damn good for 5k!

1.JPG

Two giant Hand painted Cats on canvas, each about 3 feet tall (The larger one is 4 feet wide). It must have taken the artist some time to get these completed.

I thought thery were interesting enough to bring home, and the price was right at the thrift store. They're images you do not what you want to see while biking!

Last edited:
I was feeling like I needed some more projects so I went on a little road trip into beautiful northern Maine to snatch this 1971 BMW R60/5 Motorcycle. Its truly barn fresh having been sitting for the past decade. It ran when parked though so we'll see if anything broke from just sitting around.

View attachment 1077870

View attachment 1077871

View attachment 1077872

View attachment 1077873

View attachment 1077874

Well, that sure brings back a lot of memories.
I had a 1972 R75/5 that looked exactly like that back it the 1980’s.
I always liked the look of the extra capacity fuel tank as opposed to the “Toaster” type tank that these typically came with.
I had gotten so used to the Earles fork on my 58 R60/2, that I never did quite get used to the telescopic forks on the /5’s.
I did like the extra horse power of that 750cc engine though.
It will be interesting to see what you think of it when you get it up and running.
Be sure to post some updates.
I love the old BMW’s.
I think they were the best motorcycles ever made.
But, that’s just me.
Congrats, Chris!

Back