When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...10/19/19

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just this 20 inch DX frame and rims. Believe it’s a 1950 frame. Going to see what I can do with it.
6b4cbd90cb598e64eb11b4cbbbccc7d3.jpg
0052e3a39a23ef5e5c28f9e505ebd6b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up this blue beauty at thrift store this weeked. Its a 1982 Schwinn Le Tour with a Chicago badge.

I used to have a yellow Le Tour, but sold it around this time a year ago and have missed it ever since. I have never had another road bike fit me so well that has been as comfortable to ride.

This new Le Tour is in great cosmetic condition. The paint is amazing and I like the color. The only real cosmetic issue is the "Le Tour" badges on the top tube are flacking up. My last Letour was pretty beat up cosmetically and wan't pretty at all.

I feel forchanate to have found a nicer looking one in the same size so in-expensively. It was picked up in exchange for a 20$ bill, (My best bike deal of the year). I'm going to hold on to this one.

I have not cleaned it yet, this is the condition it was found in. All I did so far was take off a big 2nd hand comfort gel saddle, and removed a few bulky looking reflectors. The tires don't match as it has one older one, and it looks like just the front tire was replaced.

1.JPG

It also came with this cool belt driven odometer that still works. The odometer is sort of intergrated into the side of the hub with some bolt on parts and does not touch the frame, it lifts on and off with the wheel.

2.JPG

I have one more late submision. I also picked up this vintage baby blue and chrome 3 speed floor standing fan made by Lakewood in Chicago IL out of the same thrift store. Its also in nice conditon, and came packed away in the orriginal box. I'm guessing it was made sometime in the 50's or 60's.

2.JPG

I thought it was pretty cool looking and will look close to new once cleaned up and dusted off. Ive seen theese fans for sale before, but never in this nice of condition. It must have been storred away in its box for decades. It has a nice strong motor that can move a significant amount of air.

Last edited:
Back