When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 10/2/22

-
my neighbor does X-ray machine installs and maintenance. this crazy seat was among some equipment he set out for the scrap guy. a quick search online showed there was a dentist chair mounted on top originally, and the company has been around for 125 years. I'd guess 60's at the latest, maybe 40's. the hope is that some steam punk burning man artist creative weirdo would want it for some bizzarre project. if you have ever been to the Alameda Point Antiques Show you see all sorts of odd things made from other odd things. lots of big industrial type stuff for oddballs living in lofts in Oakland and San Francisco.

I have a piece of 3/8 thick steel plate 18" wide and about 4 feet long. if i can't get rid of it maybe I'll make something to put bikes on to work on. it lifts up pretty high. it would probably hold a motorcycle as well, my 72 BMW would look cool up there.

Last edited:
Good morning, and yes I'm on time this morning.
Hope thise that had to endure the wrath of Isn made it out ok.

Let's see what classics you've found from the past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please include pictures as we do love pictures!
Mike

Another cool badge thanks to Scott. L. Bamberger was another one of the many Schwinn Built Bicycle dealers, that is until Macy's bought them out in 1929. Macy's did keep the name Whirl Wind and use it on their bicycles, but the badge is totally different. Barry

Last edited:
Back