When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...10/28/18...Halloween!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just one item for me. A women's Everlast exercise band found at goodwill for .99 cents.

IMG_4741.JPG

This Item is not all that interesting by itself, but this it why it was purchased. Several years ago I bought this garage made laser guided, and red dot scope sling shot. I remember I read a article in some sporting magazine about the guy who was making them, and just had to order one. I bought this exercise item just for the bands, and they seem to be stronger than the originals. After getting home, I cut them to length and restored this old sling shot.

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

In this photo note the guided lases mark on the wall. Once adjusted the sling shot hits very closely to this mark.

IMG_4744.JPG

From what I remember the sling shot was very accurate. It works on a dual pivot design. The laser guides and red dot sight both move left and right, and also pivot up and down depending on the angle the pouch is pulled.

It was a cool little gadget that allowed me to shoot more accurately than using sight alone. I have not used this in some time, but am looking forward to playing with it again. I remember I used to consistently hit beverage cans at about 50-70 feet using gravel pebbles. I have enough tubing now for a few more old sling shots once I find them, I have another somewhere that shoots arrows that are attached to a fishing reel, and is used for bow fishing. It has been used to bring in Invasive Asian Carp over 3 feet long in the past. In my state they're open game in many areas as they are a threat to the great lakes, and decimate the natural game fish populations.

The ones I get do not go to waste, and they get composted into fertilizer under a thick bed of wood chips. The land they get used on sits a top a sandstone base, and the soil is very shallow. The composted fish have been used to fertilize all the new plants and trees, and also get spread across the lawn in fall. The land borders a river, who's waters eventually drain past Mississippi and Louisiana into the gulf of Mexico. The compost fertilizer is more environmental friendly than the use of chemical alternatives.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I just found the original article I read it was in "Field and Stream" in 2010. I ordered the sling shot immediately after reading this article.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2010/12/aint-your-grandpas-slingshot

And some later you tube videos showing how well it works.

Note I had to edit the dates in my original post, as I thought I bought this slingshot at a earlier date than originally described. I never tried to hit pencils, but cans were pretty easy.

Last edited:
Back