When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ... 10/30/22

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Wards lantern collection grew from one to two, I’ve owned the one on the left for about seven years the new one on the right is called the “big boy” and you can see why.. I love the 1930s Art Deco band on the left and The chrome segmented tank on the right. Happy Sunday everyone!

This reflector from a really cool CABER!

View attachment 1722231

A neat little alignment tool to install star fangled nuts in the fork tube of 1 1/8" threadless forks...
Works like a champ!

View attachment 1722232

& this State bicycle Company Lightning Bolt Grateful Dead 27.5" cruiser...they call it a Klunker, but ...I call it a Cruiser...

View attachment 1722232

View attachment 1722233

View attachment 1722234

View attachment 1722235

View attachment 1722236

Happy Sunday Yall! 😎

🎃
I was kind of wondering for a sec there if there was any involvement with Standard Byke Company...
Screenshot_20221030-094816.png

I miss my Standard TRL250! Thinking about seeing if they will custom build me a 26" version with the head gusset.

Our local high school contacted our shop commander FTW recently that they were deaccessioning a number of tools... Basically everything they couldn't put a safety guard on! I came away with this scratch and dent Rockwell mill drill. It's basically a half size Bridgeport type machine. It's probably had 30 plus years of drilling holes in hockey sticks etc and no maintenance. I've already sorted out a couple of minor issues and it's going to need a full rehab, but the price was right!

IMG_20221025_183246780.jpg

I was finally passed down my great grandma's famous locket. They had been talking about passing it on for almost a decade and I had never seen it and figured it must be lost at this point. After being officially gifted it in February, it finally made its safe passage from their side of the country to mine this month.

Here's my dad's story behind it.

"Harry moved to the Yukon and married Kitty from Scotland. He brought back the gold dust and had the locket made for your great-grandmother Laura in Perth Amboy. He was the son of William who was in the Civil War and bought the Country House in Hunterdon. He also brought back the Iditarod ring which Uncle Rut (son of Ira) had and lost at the family motel in Palm Beach.
She died three days after giving birth to your grandmother.
There is also a small chance the gold dust came from one of the "Three Amigos" who also visited the Yukon but I doubt it. I attached their picture. They are brothers of William and would be uncles of Harry."

My great grandma was born in 1893 and passed in 1922, placing the locket at easily 100 years old.

I was finally passed down my great grandma's famous locket. They had been talking about passing it on for almost a decade and I had never seen it and figured it must be lost at this point. After being officially gifted it in February, it finally made its safe passage from their side of the country to mine this month.

Here's my dad's story behind it.

"Harry moved to the Yukon and married Kitty from Scotland. He brought back the gold dust and had the locket made for your great-grandmother Laura in Perth Amboy. He was the son of William who was in the Civil War and bought the Country House in Hunterdon. He also brought back the Iditarod ring which Uncle Rut (son of Ira) had and lost at the family motel in Palm Beach.
She died three days after giving birth to your grandmother.
There is also a small chance the gold dust came from one of the "Three Amigos" who also visited the Yukon but I doubt it. I attached their picture. They are brothers of William and would be uncles of Harry."

My great grandma was born in 1893 and passed in 1922, placing the locket at easily 100 years old.

View attachment 1722284

View attachment 1722285

View attachment 1722286
View attachment 1722287

View attachment 1722288
View attachment 1722289

View attachment 1722290
Wow, that's fantastic! That's a REAL treasure...🙂

I bought 5 totally restored (the '65 -3hp is only partly repainted due to nice original in part) vintage outboards to keep my 1957 Johnson Golden Javelin 35 I've owned for decades company. A 1957-10 hp, and 3 hp Evinrude, 1957- 3 hp Johnson, 1958- 22hp Mercury Mk 28, & 1965 Evinrude 3 hp. also some emblems from a friend's estate, then helped clear out 50+years of accumulated parts in a shop he rented that will need to be liquidated.

The stuff (extra parts) were neatly squirrelled away on the roof of his office and bathroom. I may post some pics in the proper thread if anyone is interested in vint. outboards, parts, tools etc., cash and carry here in Winnipeg.

I was heavily into collecting full size outboards, had a couple of boats, and the toy motors back in the 90's (along with the bicycles and everything else cool and shiny) and couldn't refuse these works of art and to help raise cash for his estate. My friend was a perfectionist and the motors came from his personal collection at his home.

That's it on buying the full size ones, but I'm still building the toy motor collection. My G/F was delighted to see me shoehorn more loot into the garage! I figure 3 of the newly acquired kickers can stay/ reside in the garage man cave. I think 2 can come inside.

The Cabe finds look amazing today, thanks for sharing. Temps in the 50's the next few days with possible 2 feet of snow following. Did I say I hate Winter? Have a nice Sunday. ( Bob) Nashman.

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg