When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ... 10/30/22

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking for one of these off and on. Wanted the non-electronic version. This one is in pretty good shape I think, found it on FB Marketplace last Wednesday, picked it up today.

IMG_9761-M.jpg

IMG_9762-M.jpg

IMG_9764-M.jpg

I was finally passed down my great grandma's famous locket. They had been talking about passing it on for almost a decade and I had never seen it and figured it must be lost at this point. After being officially gifted it in February, it finally made its safe passage from their side of the country to mine this month.

Here's my dad's story behind it.

"Harry moved to the Yukon and married Kitty from Scotland. He brought back the gold dust and had the locket made for your great-grandmother Laura in Perth Amboy. He was the son of William who was in the Civil War and bought the Country House in Hunterdon. He also brought back the Iditarod ring which Uncle Rut (son of Ira) had and lost at the family motel in Palm Beach.
She died three days after giving birth to your grandmother.
There is also a small chance the gold dust came from one of the "Three Amigos" who also visited the Yukon but I doubt it. I attached their picture. They are brothers of William and would be uncles of Harry."

My great grandma was born in 1893 and passed in 1922, placing the locket at easily 100 years old.

View attachment 1722284

View attachment 1722285

View attachment 1722286
View attachment 1722287

View attachment 1722288
View attachment 1722289

View attachment 1722290
Very cool @Kstone that you have such a priceless one of a kind heirloom. As well as the history and photos of your family.

Had a nice week. Found a lovely dog shelter just outside Erie PA. My new pup Wesley..named after Wesleyville the first street sign we passed on the thruway. Sold and bought at a breweriana show. Sold ok but bought a killer 1910s tray I was missing. My favorite condition..actually used but still there. Went to PA early in the week and made it thru the demon gauntlet for the 3 hr Drive.. seller kept his word. Landed a stunning CWC. I paid him some extra and gave him a porcelain sign he really liked from my collection. Up here it’s the Last day of outdoor fleas.. bitter sweet. Great week! Happy Sunday!

View attachment 1722579

View attachment 1722580

View attachment 1722581

View attachment 1722582
Nice score 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back