When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...11/14/21

-
I woke up early and drove to the local thrift store to arrive just as it opened today. My goal was to pick up some new clothes I could wear to work.

I ended up coming home with 1 pair each of dickies and carhartt work pants. I also picked up ,a set of Boston Acoustic Lynfield VR975's for 40$. I believe this was Boston Acoustics top of the line model around the year 2000 or so with a MSRP of around $1600.

I have not had a chance to set them up yet, as they are still in my car. But they are really big and heavy and look like this:

They still look fairly modern for being 20+ years old. I hope they work, but if they don't I will first see if I can repair, and if not they will be parted out.

Last edited:
Acquired these over the last week and a half, most have been on here before.
Enough to keep me occupied this winter.

Tim

1920ish Recruit badged 28" frame, any info appreciated.
View attachment 1512183
View attachment 1512184

1935 Colson 28" - Simmons Hardware Banner badged
View attachment 1512189

1939 Colson - Ludwig badged
View attachment 1512193

1940 Colson - Goodyear Wings Double Eagle Badge.
View attachment 1512194

1941 Colson - TruSport badged ... Love those Snakebelly tires
View attachment 1512195

~1940 Shelby - Rex badged
View attachment 1512196

Early 1950's Manton Smith - Nonpareil Badged
Any information appreciated
View attachment 1512197
Tim, plenty to keep you busy for sure. Glad you’re doing something with the Recruit, John wasn’t sure which way he was going to go with it. All nice rides!

Sorry, I did not want to wait another week. On Monday I stopped by the local goodwill again, and lucked into a brand new pair of Redwings in my size, they still had the original tags. The price was just 30$ and impossible to pass up. I have been wearing them the last two days after work, and finally wore them to my job today and put in a 10 hour day in them. My feat survived with just a little soreness, but I want to get them broken in before the snow comes.

I love my local goodwill, this is the second pair of new Redwings I have found there, and a few months ago I also picked up a pair of new Nicks Officer Boots. Each boot is a different ankle height and style, and can be used for specific purposes.

These Redwing Truhiker's will be perfect for my job once the Chicago weather turns foul. Since I enter residences for carpentry work on a daily basis I need a boot I can easily take off and put back on before the protective floor coverings get applied. These will be perfect for that work application.

Its hard for me to believe that I have lucked into so many pairs of higher end new work boots in my size. I wounder how and why these are being donated at my local store.

Here is my current lineup of more recent Redwing and Nicks boot finds, all were found at goodwill in new condition with tags attached.

My favorites are the Nicks, but they take too much time to lace up while at work, so I use them for more casual occasions.

Last edited:
Back