When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ... 11/15/20

-
An Elgin showed up...can check this off the bucket list of bikes. About as clean as it gets. Crazy heavy too...thought these bikes would be lighter than they are. Fun rider...gets lots of double takes.

View attachment 1301850

View attachment 1301851
Those bikes weigh a TON. I bought one at the Hershey car swap meet about 35 years ago and it rained so I couldn't roll it anymore/fenders were packed with mud. I carried it on my shoulder for about an hour, almost killed me. My shoulder was black and blue the next day. I still own the bike ( sold once locally/bought it back). That's a beauty!!

I have the badge to match this oil can I just bought on ebay.

Always buying badges $$$
[email protected], call me at Home at 1-208-687-5319 or
Text my Cell at 1-509-230-0613. Thank you very much! Barry

Last edited:
I was born in 1952. What amazes me in '51 are the bike prices, about $75 average. According to the inflation calculator that's $751 today!
Growing up in the country I never saw bikes like that. I'm thinking when I had my bicycle route in 1966-67 that's about what I paid for a new Sears 3 speed, baskets and lights, around $75.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Back