When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...11/20/22

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst tossing a spent chain and other assorted bits in the scrap metal bin at work I spied this cool little tire patch kit tin. Its French and I think dates to the 60s or 70s. While the original vulcanizing kit was gone from the tin it was filled with Dia Comp brake parts, including a new set of brake pads, stuff I can use!

found in the dark recesses of the basement was this old brake/tail lamp, who knows what its from but it may end up on the back of my Suzuki cafe racer next summer!

and lastly, I pissed off the parakeet while doing all this cleaning, so I thought I’d post a picture so you all know what an angry parakeet looks like and therefore don’t get caught off guard... dangerous little buggers you know!

Vicious looking isn’t he!

For me, a Bluebird has never been one I felt obsessed to have. I have owned a couple of the big Blues but it was easy to let them fly. With this rare orange bird, all I can say, love at first sight! The Flying Merkel is my Bluebird.
Thank you for Shawn @Freqman1 for allowing me to be the next caretaker of this iconic treasure.
Photo credits (of the Merkel) by Dave Stromberger

View attachment 1735951
View attachment 1735952
View attachment 1735953
Boy I get it. That bike just has the look of a historic one of a kind find. Great for the hobby a top notch caretaker got it. When Mike Wolfe and Chip Foose both went after it, I knew I was viewing something very special. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Wow. With some of the scores this week, I think some of you should buy lottery tickets. I know it's more then luck though to acquire finds like this original Bluebird. Another Congratulations.

Went to the last swap of the year here. Being a Pontiac firebird junkie and owner of a 71 trans am. I found one of, if not the holy grail of 71 pontiac trans am parts. A set of ultra rare

455 ho ram air heads..🤩🤩🤩 and with the correct date code for my car..😎....I thought I'd never find them...I'm still beside myself...
oh man!! I sold my 1969 Ram Air III GTO Judge in 1982 but heads like those still give me wood!😍

you really have to have owned a Muscle Car Pontiac to appreciate those huge exhaust ports. I'm surprised they got any horsepower out of the regular heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back