When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 12/12/21

-
Nashman that poster is so cool, Beez visits us all the time (pre covid). Ya never know what he will pull in the driveway towing, one time a 41 willys, one time a blown dragster, one time a set of funny car slicks on the roof of his mini van. He is a good guy. His daughter Vicky will call and warn us he's coming. When we go out to dinner I'm surprised how many people recognize him and want his autograph. We've been to alot of gasser meets together, buying and selling hemi parts. Barbara Parks, Wallys wife fired him from the NHRA in 65 at the Winternationals because it rained at an event where he did his anti-rain dance. She was very superstitious. I have hundreds of stories about him. That movie paid him $5 for that 1 shot of him in the movie and charged him $50 to join the screen actors guild. I could go on and on. But I won't. I LOVE THAT POSTER!!!! The wheel stand he did with his garbage truck, everyone thought it was full of trash but really he put 21 railroad ties in the back of it. There is a pic of it on the web site (WE DID IT FOR LOVE) I have to stop now, Thanks

I got a sweet patina sliding rail from @Junkman Bob for a recent price. And the elusive ( to me anyway) holey chain guard from @Glenn Rhein .

KIMG0823.JPG

jealous of that Park stand

@dasberger you stole the second one at RB for USD$4250, little trigger happy at USD$5000
geez, those are some low prices for 1-trip 40'HC, probably because of the orange color ..... I import shipping containers, and at $4250 with 10% auction fees for the seller, the seller sold below cost ..... probably even at USD$5000.

Yeah I've been hunting a deal on a park stand for a while. Came out of an old Sports Authority and the guys wife gave it the ax... Lucky for me it doesn't have to come home!

As for the containers my old man got it done... he loves auctions. They weren't listed as one ways but they most definitely are. I kind of like the orange! We were just quoted $9,600 each plus delivery on two one ways from the guys we bought our last two from. Prices are crazy for sure.

I picked up this Minty railroad bike a couple of months back but just now finished detailing it. All original except the NOS cables I added. I did not want to change the cables but one of them was just too bad, I will change them back once I find a third one to match the two good ones. I may change out the grips also, otherwise the bike is in fantastic condition. Came out of the Denver area. Just a couple of paint chips, that's it.

This is a Sunday rediscovery, I’d forgotten about it. The Air Force plate above reminded me I had stashed for years. I’m going to give it to my nephew for Christmas. He recently completed boot camp and combat school and should be home for the Holidays. He has a 2007 BFK and this will look cool hanging from the strut

1753A9D0-42F7-49FB-9D20-2B6AD17A384F.jpeg

I picked up this Minty railroad bike a couple of months back but just now finished detailing it. All original except the NOS cables I added. I did not want to change the cables but one of them was just too bad, I will change them back once I find a third one to match the two good ones. I may change out the grips also, otherwise the bike is in fantastic condition. Came out of the Denver area. Just a couple of paint chips, that's it. View attachment 1526264

View attachment 1526265

View attachment 1526266

View attachment 1526267

View attachment 1526268

View attachment 1526269

View attachment 1526270

View attachment 1526271
What the hell is a railroad bike?

Back