When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...12/24/17 Merry Christmas!

-
I surprised my sister this morning when i pulled down her childhood bike thats been hanging in my parent's garage rafters for the last 46 years. A 24 inch 1965 Montgomery Wards Hawthorne she got new on her birthday. I've been searching for and holding the parts to make it a fully equipped model , the hot pink color on the rack in the pic. is the OG color hers was , I remember i was 8 or 9 when she spray bombed it the opaque pink it is now , It's going back to it's original color.
I gave it to her with all the upgrade parts and to see if she wanted to keep the front rack on or go with the tank with the headlight or even leaving the front rack and using the lesser upgrade tank without the headlight { I got both tanks just in case } I'm glad she chose the lit tank with horn. I still need a nice set of 24 inch fenders with braces but i'm going to send everything else out thats going to chrome and hope I can find the fenders and get it finished by the end of August for her 59th birthday

5JEZqbcrRzm4Rxw%A4Qtrg.jpg

oxCEqqwLQSa67vpaFijU8Q.jpg

FJ+5BFcdQG2jFXUxWFwCYw.jpg

WTIVZj8lS+iTUF0CWaI%Gw.jpg

Last edited:
In the spirit of the season, I have been on a toy, cave & bicycle accessory binge......
fullsizeoutput_368.jpeg

IMG_8736.JPG

Corona Bottle Bubbler with bottle caps and lime wedges floating around, it was $19.99 on eBay, from a seller I was buying something else from, I could not resist.......
IMG_8737.JPG

My Tetanus toy of the month, thank you Cowboy...
fullsizeoutput_3f0.jpeg

NOS Speedo with an unopened box, I had a hard time breaking the seal for the first time, but someone had to do it....
fullsizeoutput_402.jpeg

Shoeshine Smoking Bear, he shines his shoe, smokes his pipe, and blows a puff of smoke, just like me.....
fullsizeoutput_3f8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3f9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3fa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3fb.jpeg

The awesome NOS Tigeroo with box & Tail, I especially like the soapbox wagon graphic......
fullsizeoutput_3fc.jpeg

ZZ Ray gun, 40's Wyandotte Patriotic Model.....
fullsizeoutput_3fe.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3ff.jpeg

Raw Power, I hope everyone feels like this kid when they are riding......
IMG_8885.JPG

Couple of tin toys from the Antique Mall Sale; German Dog Roller and a Marx Rollover Cat......
IMG_8890.JPG

Teddy is from here on the Cabe, thanks Mark, one of my absolute favorites, works perfectly and much smaller than you might think...
IMG_8894.JPG
IMG_8895.JPG
IMG_8896.JPG
IMG_8897.JPG

Popeye Pop-Up Spinach Can, I am going to carve him a nice new pipe.
More to come, I am being called to dinner now.......

I was handed Divorce papers for Christmas if that counts. I got news of it from an empty house and a text message.
Probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.
So now I have to sell my house and I'm moving to Colorado.
Maybe I'll take up Smoking the green stuff :Dand forget all about this crap........LOL
JKent

I was handed Divorce papers for Christmas if that counts. I got news of it from an empty house and a text message.
Probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.
So now I have to sell my house and I'm moving to Colorado.
Maybe I'll take up Smoking the green stuff :Dand forget all about this crap........LOL
JKent

Wow. While it's likely good thing it's over if she's that rotten, it still sucks, especially at Christmas. Best wishes for a smooth transition sir.

Back