When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...12/24/17 Merry Christmas!

-
I surprised my sister this morning when i pulled down her childhood bike thats been hanging in my parent's garage rafters for the last 46 years. A 24 inch 1965 Montgomery Wards Hawthorne she got new on her birthday. I've been searching for and holding the parts to make it a fully equipped model , the hot pink color on the rack in the pic. is the OG color hers was , I remember i was 8 or 9 when she spray bombed it the opaque pink it is now , It's going back to it's original color.
I gave it to her with all the upgrade parts and to see if she wanted to keep the front rack on or go with the tank with the headlight or even leaving the front rack and using the lesser upgrade tank without the headlight { I got both tanks just in case } I'm glad she chose the lit tank with horn. I still need a nice set of 24 inch fenders with braces but i'm going to send everything else out thats going to chrome and hope I can find the fenders and get it finished by the end of August for her 59th birthday

View attachment 728639what a great bicycle story,for me the story is kool no matter what kind of bike,doesnt get much better than this!

View attachment 728640

View attachment 728641

View attachment 728642

I was handed Divorce papers for Christmas if that counts. I got news of it from an empty house and a text message.
Probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.
So now I have to sell my house and I'm moving to Colorado.
Maybe I'll take up Smoking the green stuff :Dand forget all about this crap........LOL
JKent
It all works out man,just takes some time. Try and stay cool and keep moving forward. Merry Christmas

I was handed Divorce papers for Christmas if that counts. I got news of it from an empty house and a text message.
Maybe I'll take up Smoking the green stuff :Dand forget all about this crap........LOL
JKent

Man that's just mean cold hearted & messed up. I'm a Gemini and That sort of crap brings out the evil twin in me. I know somethings i would do like send her something on her birthday to remind her how really old she is or send black roses on valentines day

I appreciate the support from everyone of you.
It has been expected for a while, just didn't expect it right now and not this way.
The most difficult part is I'm not getting to spend Christmas with my granddaughter. She is my world and I love her very much but my soon to be Ex-wife has both my boys on her side and i'm blocked from all communication. I haven't seen my granddaughter in over a month. All I ever wanted was a daughter and I ended up with 2 boys and my wife was done with having kids. So the only hope I had was grand children and I was blessed with the first being a girl.
Neither one of my boys will even reply to a text.
This might be TMI but to kind of explain.
This isn't about another woman, drugs, abuse or alcohol. Over the years we've just grown apart.
I don't have a choice but to move to Colorado to live with my brother, I can not afford even the mortgage on my house on my SSDI.
I've had to pinch pennies and sell off all of my bikes to come up with the money to move.
I'm a very strong willed person and I know everything will work out but it's a difficult road to travel to get there.
Me and my soon to be Ex have been together since we were in high school and have been married for 23 years.
The only family I really have right now is my bother. he has been generous enough to take me in until I get back on my feet.
I think I understand why we're here but I don't understand the isolation and silence from my kids and daughter in-law.
They all know how close me and my grand daughter are and what she means to me.
All I can do is wait and hope that things change.
So thanks to all of you for the support.
JKent

9B011B28-74B2-41B5-9566-58E4BE0D1975.jpeg
I got this way Cool bicycle lamp for Christmas from my Dad!

Question - Do you know why divorcees are so expensive?

Answer - They are worth it!

JKent

I appreciate the support from everyone of you.
It has been expected for a while, just didn't expect it right now and not this way.
The most difficult part is I'm not getting to spend Christmas with my granddaughter. She is my world and I love her very much but my soon to be Ex-wife has both my boys on her side and i'm blocked from all communication. I haven't seen my granddaughter in over a month. All I ever wanted was a daughter and I ended up with 2 boys and my wife was done with having kids. So the only hope I had was grand children and I was blessed with the first being a girl.
Neither one of my boys will even reply to a text.
This might be TMI but to kind of explain.
This isn't about another woman, drugs, abuse or alcohol. Over the years we've just grown apart.
I don't have a choice but to move to Colorado to live with my brother, I can not afford even the mortgage on my house on my SSDI.
I've had to pinch pennies and sell off all of my bikes to come up with the money to move.
I'm a very strong willed person and I know everything will work out but it's a difficult road to travel to get there.
Me and my soon to be Ex have been together since we were in high school and have been married for 23 years.
The only family I really have right now is my bother. he has been generous enough to take me in until I get back on my feet.
I think I understand why we're here but I don't understand the isolation and silence from my kids and daughter in-law.
They all know how close me and my grand daughter are and what she means to me.
All I can do is wait and hope that things change.
So thanks to all of you for the support.
JKent
She’s probably been up to no good,they like to lie to the children and family about us as a smoke screen hiding their own dispicable behavior.

Back