When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...12/24/17 Merry Christmas!

-
I put the final touches on these two Christmas eve morning. Present to self
FullSizeRender-5.jpg

I was handed Divorce papers for Christmas if that counts. I got news of it from an empty house and a text message.
Probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.
So now I have to sell my house and I'm moving to Colorado.
Maybe I'll take up Smoking the green stuff :Dand forget all about this crap........LOL
JKent
Kinda been there, done that. ( after 29 years) Best thing that ever happened to me. You'll land on your feet. Best of luck!!!

I appreciate the support from everyone of you.
It has been expected for a while, just didn't expect it right now and not this way.
The most difficult part is I'm not getting to spend Christmas with my granddaughter. She is my world and I love her very much but my soon to be Ex-wife has both my boys on her side and i'm blocked from all communication. I haven't seen my granddaughter in over a month. All I ever wanted was a daughter and I ended up with 2 boys and my wife was done with having kids. So the only hope I had was grand children and I was blessed with the first being a girl.
Neither one of my boys will even reply to a text.
This might be TMI but to kind of explain.
This isn't about another woman, drugs, abuse or alcohol. Over the years we've just grown apart.
I don't have a choice but to move to Colorado to live with my brother, I can not afford even the mortgage on my house on my SSDI.
I've had to pinch pennies and sell off all of my bikes to come up with the money to move.
I'm a very strong willed person and I know everything will work out but it's a difficult road to travel to get there.
Me and my soon to be Ex have been together since we were in high school and have been married for 23 years.
The only family I really have right now is my bother. he has been generous enough to take me in until I get back on my feet.
I think I understand why we're here but I don't understand the isolation and silence from my kids and daughter in-law.
They all know how close me and my grand daughter are and what she means to me.
All I can do is wait and hope that things change.
So thanks to all of you for the support.
JKent
Having been through a relatively mild divorce (no kids, no lawyers, only 3 years together) The one thing I took away from it is how little other people in my life seemed to care. If it came up in conversation its was kind of telling someone you had an anal fissure that wouldn't heal. You might get a few sympathetic comments but for the most part people didn't want to talk about it and left you feeling like an outsider. Its a weird time and you are kind of on your own but it does get better. Good luck.

Riding around the hood handing out candy canes with my little one on her favorite bike.

View attachment 729059
Right on!! Great shot! Thanks! I wish I could go for a ride!! We are barb-q'ing steaks tonight. Hope the Barby fires up!! Good visibility on the Canadian prairies today!!
-19°F
Observed at:
Winnipeg Richardson Int'l Airport
Date:
11:00 AM CST Sunday 31 December 2017
Condition:
Mainly Sunny
Wind: W 9 mph
Wind Chill:
Visibility:
15 miles

P1010034.JPG

P1010035.JPG

P1010036.JPG

I appreciate the support from everyone of you.
It has been expected for a while, just didn't expect it right now and not this way.
The most difficult part is I'm not getting to spend Christmas with my granddaughter. She is my world and I love her very much but my soon to be Ex-wife has both my boys on her side and i'm blocked from all communication. I haven't seen my granddaughter in over a month. All I ever wanted was a daughter and I ended up with 2 boys and my wife was done with having kids. So the only hope I had was grand children and I was blessed with the first being a girl.
Neither one of my boys will even reply to a text.
This might be TMI but to kind of explain.
This isn't about another woman, drugs, abuse or alcohol. Over the years we've just grown apart.
I don't have a choice but to move to Colorado to live with my brother, I can not afford even the mortgage on my house on my SSDI.
I've had to pinch pennies and sell off all of my bikes to come up with the money to move.
I'm a very strong willed person and I know everything will work out but it's a difficult road to travel to get there.
Me and my soon to be Ex have been together since we were in high school and have been married for 23 years.
The only family I really have right now is my bother. he has been generous enough to take me in until I get back on my feet.
I think I understand why we're here but I don't understand the isolation and silence from my kids and daughter in-law.
They all know how close me and my grand daughter are and what she means to me.
All I can do is wait and hope that things change.
So thanks to all of you for the support.
JKent
I hear you Brother. I was just layed off a job when she dropped the bomb on me over 5 years back. "I don't love you now, and haven't loved you in years". OUCH!!!.......Same here, no abuse, drugs, cheating, lying, abusive alcohol scene ( as per last message/together over 30 years/married 29) She turned my 2 kids against me at the time ( she said I "wanted" to get laid off/have the Summer off) and they were blinded by her b/s. They came around later, but it was tough/hurt. I missed my dog the most!!! ( dog since put down from old age) Anyway, it will get better. It has for me, but it takes time. I cashed most of my savings/rrsp's and rented a small house, got a McJob at Home Depot ( since quit and retired) and made ends meet. Bless your Brother for being there for you.

My X hooked up with the guy across the street. ( where I "used" to live...after I left?). He was a bit of an odd duck, but I had a few brew with him off and on over the years, he was divorced, any women he did date he treated poorly. Apparently he treated my X like a queen, but drank himself to death this last Fall. (maybe I dodged a bullett?) Now my kids and I are closer than ever but still live with her, ages 19/26, she's alone ( no partner) and I have a wonderful woman in my life. My kids come over here regular, and love my new g/f. Your grandaughter will be back in your life, just try to be patient. Take the high road and don't insult or be rude to your X. Silence is golden. Cheers, Bob

Angy and Rat fink.JPG

Bob and Angy met.JPG

look up in Met.JPG

kink in met neck.JPG

sleep in Met.JPG

Merry Christmas!
A Bike showed up on my porch as a Christmas present to me from CABE member @Balloontyre
Wow! Best present I can remember in a while; thank you so much!
It is a duplicate Sears bike that I learned to ride on; how cool is that?
View attachment 728429 View attachment 728430 View attachment 728427 View attachment 728428
I had to ride of course…

View attachment 728432 View attachment 728433 View attachment 728434 View attachment 728435 View attachment 728436 Thanks
The CABE is great people
SWEET!!

Back