When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...12/25/16....Merry Christmas

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is my 5 year old grandson Frankie on his first bike that I bought him for Christmas. As he gets older, I'll introduce him to vintage bikes, but this was a good start as you can see by his expression.
15665520_1296970560366221_8927796444591123352_n.jpg

Will do! It got some good reviews. I will be testing it out in a couple days.

Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when i got my BEUGLER striper it was at the Pomona swap meet and guy selling them had his 8 year old daughter using it on a paper artist's pad basically just showing how easy and accurate it is to use and i was sold

My father gave me this, his British Standard Whitworth bike wrench he bought when he was 8 years old, so in 1941. He grew up in England, and says this one wrench fit almost all the nuts on his bike. It must have been in his suitcase when he emigrated in 1958. The Whitworth size goes back to 1841 and was the first standardization of nuts and threads. Maybe I'll have to buy a British bike to go with It? Anyway, here it is:
View attachment 401026
Hey Brian, Get yourself a British bike, you'll love it. Only your spanners will fit it. BSW, BSF, CEI. All different threads that use a wrench based not on the head size, but on the shaft size. Sir Whitworth felt the proper torque on the wrench would transfer best by having the length of the flat match the diameter of the bolt's shaft. BSW is the coarse thread. BSF is fine and since less torque is needed, they upped the size of the shaft by 1/16 that the wrench/head would drive. Hence your 5/16 W (coarse thread) wrench also drives a 3/8 BS (fine thread). That's the reason the wrenches are double sized.
But, many, or most bike threads are CEI (cycle engineers institute). These are not the usual 55 degree thread root angles found on W and BS. They are 60 degree roots like the American threads, but the pitch (threads per inch) doesn't vary with bolt size as is the norm. Most CEI threads are 26tpi. "Cycle Threads" the Brits call them. Being English, they also use the same head as the W and BS nuts and bolts.
Believe it or not, the fun of working on the bikes is increased with these "Special Spanners!"

Nice stuff.

No bike stuff but plenty of DVD's & Blu-Ray's and my December Marvel Collector Corps box X-Men themed.

Monk complete series DVD. The Sentinel complete series. Relic Hunter complete series. The Librarian 3 films DVD's. Grim season 5 DVD. Agents Of Shield Quake Funko Pop. Agents Of Shield season 2 Blu-Ray. Agent Carter season 1 BD. Captain America Civil War 3D BD. Ghost Rider first BD & part 2 3D BD. Journey To The Center Of The Earth 3D BD. The last is Ash Vs. Evil Dead season 1 BD.

Back