When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 12/29/19

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Was given my first REAL Double bubble clock,,made by Advertising Products outta Cinn.,Ohio,from the late 50s,a Chef cook to go along with my Piggy Cook,a nice Tobacco Tin,and a Door latch for my 53 GMC five window,,,and a 34 Motobike which is on its wayView attachment 1115849

View attachment 1115850

View attachment 1115851

Nice clock, passed on a Pam International Harvester clock yesterday, face didn't look right. I know they reproduce the heck out the faces.

Got my matching paint chain guard for my Shelby in the mail.

20191228_133704.jpg

This... Craigslist score. Was listed as midcentury chair leather chair. I could tell from the pics it was an original Herman Miller Eames Lounge chair in Brazillian rosewood. What I didn't realize until I got home is that it's a first series produced between 1958 and 1961. First produced in 1956 and widely regarded as the first ergonomically designed chair, the earliest run had slide on 'boot glide' feet which were replaced by a milled version (Domes of Silence) that weren't so easily lost by 1958.

All chairs prior to 1961 had three bolts, which this does, attaching the armrests to the seat panel as well as round grommets to attach the cushions. Brazilian rosewood was discontinued isn the early 1990's due to conservation efforts in the tropics. Picked up for half the cost of a Chinese knockoff. She said it really needed to be reupholstered... Not sure you can replace that patina! Needs some gunstock oil and leather conditioner and good to go!

If anyone is near Detroit I heard there is an Eames exhibit at the Ford Museum

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

This... Craigslist score. Was listed as midcentury chair leather chair. I could tell from the pics it was an original Herman Miller Eames Lounge chair in Brazillian rosewood. What I didn't realize until I got home is that it's a first series produced between 1958 and 1961. First produced in 1956 and widely regarded as the first ergonomically designed chair, the earliest run had slide on 'boot glide' feet which were replaced by a milled version (Domes of Silence) that weren't so easily lost by 1958.

All chairs prior to 1961 had three bolts, which this does, attaching the armrests to the seat panel as well as round grommets to attach the cushions. Brazilian rosewood was discontinued isn the early 1990's due to conservation efforts in the tropics. Picked up for half the cost of a Chinese knockoff. She said it really needed to be reupholstered... Not sure you can replace that patina! Needs some gunstock oil and leather conditioner and good to go!

If anyone is near Detroit I heard there is an Eames exhibit at the Ford Museum

View attachment 1116170

View attachment 1116171
View attachment 1116172
Looks like a pretty comfortable chair Josh.
Sean

Back