When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...12/30/18

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Happy New Year everyone!
Geeze, 2019 is upon us.
Be safe.

Hope everyone's Christmas or Holiday was filled with family and giving.
Hope to see some cool bike stuff on today's show and tell.

So...let's see what classics you have found from this past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please, include pictures as we do love pictures!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not found last week but taken apart, cleaned and greased last week and now back on the road again.

4DB543B0-DF3A-4AF5-88AB-B3EF77A5C447.jpeg

More stuff for the Bianchi. A big thanks to @petritl for the stem, bars, and a water bottle cage (not shown). Also scored the correct Bianchi branded Sheffield pedals and Universal calipers from EBay Italy. This thing is nickel and diming me to death. After a lot of research I also think the paint is just a little too green so I'll be stripping and repainting this one. V/r Shawn

DSC_0071.JPG

I picked up this 1996 20" Steel Framed 18 Speed Fila Pepsi Mountain Bike. The bike is in nice condition for its age and does not appear to have much use. From what I can find, it was part of a 90's Pepsi Point Award Program that allowed people to purchase Pepsi themed products with accumulated award points.

1.JPG

More Info can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_Stuff
"Pepsi Stuff is a major loyalty program launched by Pepsi Co, first in North America on March 28, 1996[1] and then around the world,[citation needed] featuring premiums — such as T-shirts, hats, denim and leather jackets, bags and mountain bikes[1] — that could be purchased with Pepsi Points through the Pepsi Stuff Catalog or online. Customers could acquire points from specially marked Pepsi packages and fountain cups."

There was some controversy in the add campaign where Pepsi offered a Harrier Jet within this same program, and then refused to award the prize when someone actually accumulated the required 7 Million Pepsi Points with the help of investors. Pepsi then sued the customer claiming the TV Add they ran was just a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7XliS0DYRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdackF2H7Qc

I also found these 1920's Era Patented Book Themed Banks, and a nice lot of dirty cast Iron cookware that will need to be cleaned up and re-seasoned.
2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Edit: No keys for the banks. The Blue One has something small in it (maybe the key, but I don't know what yet. The other two I was able to pick, but the blue ones lock is a little more complicated than the other two. It also has a little double sided spring loaded trap type door that closes once coins are pushed though, so you cant shake stuff out.

All the cast Iron pieces are USA Made, and the thrift store had them marked at 3$ a piece. They also had cleaner China made pieces that they actually had priced for more. I left the china pieces for someone else.

Last edited:
Back