When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...2/12/17..Happy Valentines folks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've been looking for one of these cabinets for a long time. Found this one at an auto swap meet this weekend.
nd1.jpg
nd2.jpg
nd3.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

They weren't on the cheap within minutes of an estate sale opening, but I couldn't walk away from these 1930's Seven Dwarfs about 6-7 inches high of poured latex...not an easy find all together and made by Sieberling (and I have a tricycle made by them as well).
At the flea market I score this solid silver plate/trophy circa 1935 from the Women's Western Golf Association's Open Tournament...which is not just a tournament, but THE tournament that the LPGA recognizes as the only "Major" before they formed.
Not sure if it is a winners or placement piece, perhaps a souvenier, but regardless I collect sporting goods and trophies, so it's a great addition to my other collection.
I bought it for $5 and when I asked the seller about it, he responded he "hadn't really looked at it and that another guy almost bought it, but his wife pulled him away."
Fortunately for me, I was flying solo and happened to pick it up among hundreds of silver plated items you see at every sale.
At 26 ounces, it's around $500 in net weight alone!
Chris

Last edited:
View attachment 422307 View attachment 422308 View attachment 422309
They weren't on the cheap within minutes of an estate sale opening, but I couldn't walk away from these 1930's Seven Dwarfs about 6-7 inches high of poured latex...not an easy find all together and made by Sieberling (and I have a tricycle made by them as well).
At the flea market I score this solid silver plate/trophy circa 1935 from the Women's Western Golf Association's Open Tournament...which is not just a tournament, but THE tournament that the LPGA recognizes as the only "Major" before they formed.
Not sure if it is a winners or placement piece, perhaps a souvenier, but regardless I collect sporting goods and trophies, so it's a great addition to my other collection.
I bought it for $5 and when I asked the seller about it, he responded he "hadn't really looked at it and that another guy almost bought it, but his wife pulled him away."
Fortunately for me, I was flying solo and happened to pick it up among hundreds of silver plated items you see at every sale.
At 26 ounces, it's around $500 in net weight alone!
Chris

Chris,
As you may already know the silverplate tray/trophy was made by E.G. Webster & Sons. The bulk of the weight of this piece is comprised of copper--not silver. The actual silver value on this piece would be nominal. Am I missing something? V/r Shawn

image.jpeg

I am not familiar with the silver trade...my research came up with a traditional English hallmark systems of the lion for purity, and the other two for region and manufacturer. Also in looking at the scratches, the period, it doesn't attract a magnet, and of course with it being possibly a trophy of the most prestigious ladies golf tournament of the time.
Bummer it's not real silver, but I wasn't going to trade it for cash weight anyway, it'll display with my others.
Now you'll tell me my awesome early eagle cookie tin is really just a buzzard...what person would want a reviled creature to eat?
Chris

Last edited:
View attachment 422371
I am not familiar with the silver trade...my research came up with a traditional English hallmark systems of the lion for purity, and the other two for region and manufacturer. Also in looking at the scratches, the period, it doesn't attract a magnet, and of course with it being possibly a trophy of the most prestigious ladies golf tournament of the time.
Bummer it's not real silver, but I wasn't going to trade it for cash weight anyway, it'll display with my others.
Now you'll tell me my awesome early eagle cookie tin is really just a buzzard...what person would want a reviled creature to eat?
Chris

These are US silver plate hallmarks http://www.silvercollection.it/AMERICANSILVERPLATEMARKSTZQUATTRO.html
373WEBSTERESONbis.jpg

I also picked up this solid oak carved Freemason sculpture, and he's over 3 feet tall.
I figured I could put this "dude" in my garage shop in the future.
Chris
image.jpeg

Back