When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...2/2/20

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had a good Saturday picking. I went to check out two bikes and came home with four plus two sets of fenders. The Schwinn is older than my knowledge, it has an unusual lock on the stem too. I have no idea on the blue bike serial # N80392 on b.b. it has a couple cool reflectors on it. The surprise was the Mercury badged Murray bike, and a ratty old Columbia.
The price was to good to pass up.
Shawn M.

20200201_155256.jpg

20200201_155256.jpg

20200201_155312.jpg

20200201_154346.jpg

20200201_154417.jpg

20200201_154853.jpg

20200201_154908.jpg

20200201_155916.jpg

Got a bike a few weeks ago. Just got around to taking pic's. I don't know who made this. ( Please Help ) The Head Badge says American Flyer. It has a two speed bendix hub , and shifter . It also sports a SINGLE TUBE Cantilever frame ? Did some leather work and modifications this week . The bag behind the seat is only big enough to hold my cell phone. I've had the front boxes for a long time.............never thought to join 'em together..............I kinda like it this way. The Leather boxes have not been attached............they are just set in place till I can finish the job . Ride Safe !! ;)

View attachment 1134108

View attachment 1134109

View attachment 1134110

View attachment 1134111

View attachment 1134112

View attachment 1134113

View attachment 1134114

View attachment 1134116

View attachment 1134121

View attachment 1134122

View attachment 1134123
Thé Blue bike is a circa 1957 Snyder built Rollfast or something.

With the help from a friend I was able to span the Swap Meet Space Time Continuum and get a Hawthorne Zep(?) from the Nashville AACA Swap Meet and a Shelby Airflo from the North Carolina Hurricane Coasters Swap.
Any educational information on the Hawthorne would be greatly appreciated!View attachment 1134226View attachment 1134227

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ooooh that hawthorne is hot sh1t. Hopefully you got original paint. Sweet catch.

With the help from a friend I was able to span the Swap Meet Space Time Continuum and get a Hawthorne Zep(?) from the Nashville AACA Swap Meet and a Shelby Airflo from the North Carolina Hurricane Coasters Swap.
Any educational information on the Hawthorne would be greatly appreciated!View attachment 1134226View attachment 1134227

Does the Hawthorne have a locking fork? Bike looks to be repainted. No lock--no Zep. V/r Shawn

Here’s a good thread on these. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/post-pics-of-your-fastback-zep-hawthorne-or-rollfast.53969/

Does the Hawthorne have a locking fork? Bike looks to be repainted. No lock--no Zep. V/r Shawn
Yes, it has a locking fork and has been repainted as well. The bike was actually "restored" several years ago by an automotive restoration shop then after some time was poorly stored in a storage shed. Unfortunately the chrome is peeling on every single piece that they had redone, but the paint has held up fairly well. The seller was the now retired owner of the restoration shop that did the work and not a "bike guy" . He had a very reasonable and negotiable asking price so I was happy to bring it home despite its issues. He said he only used pieces that were with the bike when he got it and everything on the bike now is as he got it 30+ years ago, so I have no reason to believe he pieced this one together.
I knew the definition of a Zep gets loosely used but I was hoping this one might check all the boxes!

Picking these up this coming week, I’ve seen a few examples of very early “fat bikes” in photographs though I’m not sure if an authentic bike exists.

I think with the help of this wheelset though I will be able to build something very close to original.

View attachment 1133704

View attachment 1133705

View attachment 1133706

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think these wheels would make a fantastic fantasy "fatbike" build (say that five times fast) but part of me wants to figure what they could have really been for?
It has been suggested everything from donkey cart to fat bike but given the...dare I say it? "elegance" of the construction and quality of material used and the fact that there are two "front" wheels makes me think they could be first generation aircraft wheels?

Back