When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell. ..2/22/15

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just received this from an online purchase.
I've been looking for one for too long.
c00cfc6775310bcb4ca563a0a72bc62e-1.jpg
These sirens are impossible find and sound great. I love mine. The wife thinks it's annoying though.
Online purchase. .. huh....I missed that one.
Nice find!

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Antique bikes are far away and few between sightings round my parts.. However this popped up on Craig's list fer a song, and I just couldn't help myself from picking up the little lady, just so pretty. Figure somebody will want it for a few bucks more.

1980, 26" Schwinn Collegiate Sports, Cardinal Red: 1980 only, 10 speed, 79 and 80 only.

The last of Schwinn's Chicago (heavy) lightweights.
Her birthday is Jan 21 (build date) 1980

Pretty 35 Y.O. Lady:
http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/1980.html
View attachment 198117
Old thread yet follow up on the bike and peeps who think these heavy A Road bikes are worth the while..

7 years, on C/L that's how long it took me to get $150 for it. Geez!

The good part? The lady had a new lady's varsity sport w/26" wheels, same color in 80 and was tickled pink to get this Collegiate. Moral: Can't hardly blame folks as by 1971/2 I completely lost interest in my Schwinn heavy A road bikes once I discovered actual lightweights like the super expensive Paramount and the French and Italians were doing much better.

Yet, today, These old heavy A Schwinn monsters are way better in durability than those and any else POS at Wally world's line of plastic rust buckets.

It's just to bad people don't understand how dam strong, while not as fast and light, freaken tough as rocks that ought to be $300 bucks in the least for something that'll last a life time, plus.

7 years to find the right person is just nutz.

bought an old mid eighties Gardin road bike. Made in the Toronto area its made of Columbus Zeta tubing and is equipped with Italian hardware pretty much everywhere. (Cambio Rino driveline, Modolo brakes etc.) The last owner swapped out the original rims as tubular tires just aren't any fun in any situation and fitted some deep aluminum rims from far off China. I stuck a nice Brooks saddle on the poor thing and a set of upright bars to keep my back happy. It makes a really nice ride for the local bike paths except it only goes "fast" and is twitchy as hell.

I seriously don't know where I'll ever use top gear on this thing. Pretty though...

goes well with today's watch... a Waltham made about 1888.

Back