When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...3/1/20

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Some of you may have seen my '41 Autocycle project I have going. I got the chrome, cad, and zinc back this week so I was able to start assembly. On the recommendation of @ranman I used DeTray plating out of Independence. MO. I also used them for my Donald Duck restoration. Chrome is not cheap regardless and I have tried at least four different places with mixed results regarding cost, quality, and turn around.

Detray is pretty reasonable as far as price but quality is great and turn around was 10 days--that includes shipping time! The previous four places had a minimum of six weeks turn around. They also do bright zinc and cad but a word of caution here--there is a minumum charge of $150 for each service whether it is three parts or 30 parts. So if you are going to do either of these make sure you consolidate all of your zinc/cad to be done at one time. I was really worried about the crank which was heavily pitted and losing any detail of the barrel of the drum i.e. "Schwinn" and "PAT. PENDING". These parts came out great as did everything else. These are my platers of choice for all my projects. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1148348

View attachment 1148349

View attachment 1148350

View attachment 1148351

View attachment 1148352

View attachment 1148353
Shawn, the chrome looks great. Question, did you do any prep on the crank, your before and after pictures are unbelievable...

Mike

Shawn, the chrome looks great. Question, did you do any prep on the crank, your before and after pictures are unbelievable...

Mike
Mike I glass bead all the parts but that is just to knock the crud off. I sent that crank just as you see it in the before pic. I was on the fence about buying another crank but sent the plater a pic prior to sending just to make sure they could do it. V/r Shawn

Nice....Is that "Christine"?
... It's a 1957 Chrysler Windsor ... Christine is 1958 Plymouth Fury ...

1583176744390.png

1583176832368.png

Back