When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ... 3/13/22

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nashman that Lavender Pearl Delta Rocket is a custom paint isn't it, if not that's pretty cool. It's cool anyway either way.
YEAH, an Ebay score, reasonable price. Someone did a really good "refurbish" on a clean, straight, solid unit with Custom paint. There were traces of surface rust on the interior, so I suspect it was a bit "tatty" and the previous owner opted to re-do it in his ( or her) taste. It's already growing on me. I don't have a bike for it, but it is cool for display. It even has the original lens/bottom pin with original side rivets.
These lights are not rare, but un-molested beyond a re-spray without rust rot or dents, serious battery/terminal corrosion is not common. This is one of those. Thanks for your comment.

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG

When you get snowed in do you just shop all day long Bob!?! Your postman must love you, I hope you give them a nice Christmas present.
I love the Jaguars! The Standard Coffee delivery sedan with the "no riders" window decal is sweet too.
Ha!! That is great!! Thanks on the toys. You read my mind Brant. I was thinking the same about you!! I know you are a "road warrior" and work hard for your loot. I used to. I do let my fingers do the shopping in these snowed in times. My serious "picking" days are behind me too. It's not worth my time and effort. Quite simply, the cupboard is bare.

The thing is, good stuff is hard to find up here, especially in these modern times. The internet and "picker shows/Pawn Stars" spoiled the fun in many ways. There are more people in California than all of Canada. Sorry this is so long winded, but it's a picture of "collecting" in Canada for Cabers. Skip the following if you are bored already...lol.

In the old days ( 1980's-2000) I used to "pick" the shops, 2nd hand stores and small towns, scour the "for sale" ads, did "wanted" ads, and was on the road ( some for my job before retirement, but mixed business with picking...lol..), attended shows ( Chicago toy show, Hershey, a few antique/Model boats shows in Minneapolis, Mn., antique shops) but travel is just not what it used to be, or the "pickings". I used to have to sell to buy raising a family. We have car "swap meets" with some cool stuff to be scored, and antique shows ( few and far between/mostly beat lame stuff) I even used to rent a table/set up and sell. It was never very lucrative.

Selling forum options are few up here. Feebay is a joke now. I've been on 20 + years ( collecting over 40) as "nsuser", used to sell lots, now it's impossible with a .60 Canadian dollar, the fees, and Feebay wanting me to collect U.S. taxes? I sell a few things on KIJIJI ( like Craigs List) up here, don't do Facebook, so that's out. Most antique stores are closing because of the internet and bogus laws and hoops and regulations by bureaucrats. I can't even consign. The sweet Coke button I scored yesterday was from an antique dealer buddy who just retired/closed shop after 43 years. We used to buy and trade all the time, and I'd consign now and then.

I'd roll home in my van back in the 90's after a week away on a "sales route" in rural mid/south area of a couple to a few Canadian provinces ( I would also cross the U.S. line into the northern states of Minnesota/N. Dakota) with bikes, vintage outboard boat motors, parts, even firewood! I'd pick the shows and antique stores in Grand Forks, MN.ND. and Minneapolis on mini holidays, and even slim pickings in Vancouver, BC on the west coast, and even Seattle, Wa. a couple times ( would fly out/had Family in Vancouver). You guys have it made in populated centers and even rural for the venues and supply of neat stuff!

Yeah, our postman loves me. I'm very generous and kind to him at Xmas, and all year round. I give him gift certificates to Tim Horton's ( coffee, doughnuts, food) that he can use. Ha!

Back