When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...3/17/19

-
Not much and as usual nothing bike related.

NOS Casite rack with a couple of cans and a Xonex Boardtrack racer, wanted one for awhile, finally found one at a fair price

SANY0249.JPG

SANY0250.JPG

We decided to use a big chunk of this year's tax return money and pay off my truck 2.5 years early. I'd like to upgrade to a different truck, but it's not in the budget right now.
So I decided instead of upgrading trucks, I'd upgrade my current truck and take care of a list of things that have been bugging me, so I will be happy driving it a few more years.
Started by ordering a Bakflip tonneau cover to replace the cap I had on it that I hated. I installed that on Tuesday.
The tonneau didn't fit with the factory plastic bedliner, so I ordered a Bedrug bedliner. (been wanting one anyway)
Friday I officially paid my truck off. What a great feeling!:cool:
I went home from work Friday to pick up my new Bedrug that was just delivered, and the other stuff I needed to install it, and drove back to work so I could pull the truck inside to do the install, as it was too cold and rainy to do it outside.

Then, on the way home after installing the bedliner, I got a nice big stone chip in my windshield! Talk about a buzz kill! I've already had to replace the original windshield, and already had one stone chip in the replacement. This chip is even bigger. Now I gotta get that fixed on Tuesday. :mad:

Then, along with the other upgrades I decided I was tired of the noisy dual exhaust I had put on it several years ago. So Saturday I went in and had a stock muffler and tailpipe put back on. Nice and quiet again. I liked the duals at first, but grew tired of it, being a daily driver.

Still have a few more things to take care of, like speakers that go in and out, and wheels. The clearcoat was already peeling off the wheels when I bought the truck so they have always looked like crap. I may try to refinish them myself or replace them if I find a good deal.

It's been a great truck so far and I figure if I invest some money to make it more to my liking, it's cheaper than financing another truck.

So here are some pics I took Friday after I installed the Bedrug.

The new tonneau cover, Bakflip MX4:
20190315_180953.jpg

20190315_181011.jpg

20190315_181019.jpg

And the new Bedrug bedliner which by the way is very easy on the knees if you ever have to kneel/crawl on your truck bed:
20190315_180820.jpg

20190315_180831.jpg

One very important feature on this tonneau cover, is the fact that with the locking rods, you can drive with it all the way open like this, for full bed access.
It'll work well with the 2x4 bike rack I built a few years ago.
20190315_180838.jpg

We decided to use a big chunk of this year's tax return money and pay off my truck 2.5 years early. I'd like to upgrade to a different truck, but it's not in the budget right now.
So I decided instead of upgrading trucks, I'd upgrade my current truck and take care of a list of things that have been bugging me, so I will be happy driving it a few more years.
Started by ordering a Bakflip tonneau cover to replace the cap I had on it that I hated. I installed that on Tuesday.
The tonneau didn't fit with the factory plastic bedliner, so I ordered a Bedrug bedliner. (been wanting one anyway)
Friday I officially paid my truck off. What a great feeling!:cool:
I went home from work Friday to pick up my new Bedrug that was just delivered, and the other stuff I needed to install it, and drove back to work so I could pull the truck inside to do the install, as it was too cold and rainy to do it outside.

Then, on the way home after installing the bedliner, I got a nice big stone chip in my windshield! Talk about a buzz kill! I've already had to replace the original windshield, and already had one stone chip in the replacement. This chip is even bigger. Now I gotta get that fixed on Tuesday. :mad:

Then, along with the other upgrades I decided I was tired of the noisy dual exhaust I had put on it several years ago. So Saturday I went in and had a stock muffler and tailpipe put back on. Nice and quiet again. I liked the duals at first, but grew tired of it, being a daily driver.

Still have a few more things to take care of, like speakers that go in and out, and wheels. The clearcoat was already peeling off the wheels when I bought the truck so they have always looked like crap. I may try to refinish them myself or replace them if I find a good deal.

It's been a great truck so far and I figure if I invest some money to make it more to my liking, it's cheaper than financing another truck.

So here are some pics I took Friday after I installed the Bedrug.

The new tonneau cover, Bakflip MX4:
View attachment 965723

View attachment 965724

View attachment 965725

And the new Bedrug bedliner which by the way is very easy on the knees if you ever have to kneel/crawl on your truck bed:
View attachment 965726

View attachment 965727

One very important feature on this tonneau cover, is the fact that with the locking rods, you can drive with it all the way open like this, for full bed access.
It'll work well with the 2x4 bike rack I built a few years ago.
View attachment 965728

Paying of your truck 2 1/2 years EARLY--congrats. Good move.

Back