When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...3/25/18

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
3A718AB1-60C0-4218-9392-F32770951355.jpeg
Not my typical bike find but a great thing if you like old bikes . And it lights up .

Picked up this cool depression era homemade diving helmet. When I saw it I just had to have it, don't ask me why. Researching it, found that Popular Mechanic's magazine published how to articles for these & evidently a lot were made during the 1930's. No two are exactly alike, which makes it a little more unique. The most well known hard hat diving rig, back then, was the WWII era Navy Mark V, nicknamed the widow maker. I can only imagine what they dubbed these things.

View attachment 776824

DSC015093333.jpg

My recent acquisitions, though 2-wheeled, have engines.
1971 Triumph Bonneville. 6800 miles, mostly all original except for a repaint 15 years ago and recent seat cover and pipes. Starts 2nd kick (good for this old guy).
20180323_143216.jpg

1998 ATK 600DT (factory dirt tracker). When I was an ATK dealer close to 20 years ago, we had one of these and I'd always wanted to turn it into a street bike (I still have the headlight we bought for it). They are pretty rare. This one came up for sale near me, so I'm finally going to do it. 600 Rotax engine. It has a custom tank and seat here but I have the stock parts.
image.jpg

Picked up this cool depression era homemade diving helmet. When I saw it I just had to have it, don't ask me why. Researching it, found that Popular Mechanic's magazine published how to articles for these & evidently a lot were made during the 1930's. No two are exactly alike, which makes it a little more unique. The most well known hard hat diving rig, back then, was the WWII era Navy Mark V, nicknamed the widow maker. I can only imagine what they dubbed these things.

View attachment 776824

What could possibly go wrong?

Back