When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 3/27/22

-
Last minute pick up today. I believe it to be a 70's Columbia Tandem based off the frame design and the pedal sprockets. Sadly it has been painted over. Green is coming through under the blue and all decals are covered. Wife wants me to get it at least rideable to try it out for the first time.

20220327_190543.jpg

Picked up this decent 1954 Hornet late Sunday. Guy I bought it from found it in 1974 in NYC..hanging upside down in a garage of an abandoned house he was looking to buy. Said it was super high up at the peak. Real estate agent told him the clean-out people couldn’t reach it. So he backed his truck into the garage and stood on the roof to reach it. He didn’t buy the house but grabbed the bike for $30 bucks! He was sad to let it go after all the years but was downsizing and said it needed a home. He threw in a ladies Hornet.
very cool !

I was in the parking lot taking two Schwinn fenders I had purchased to my car at the Pleasanton Goodguys car show/swap meet Saturday and I hear a guy say "Hey, you into old bikes?" and here is the end result of that question. there is a Phantom in there, along with 2 Cruiser 5's and two Corvettes. two bikes with (not Chinese) motors. my SUV was full of tubs of parts. I could have my own swap meet now. 🙂

Last edited:
I was in the parking lot taking two Schwinn fenders I had purchased to my car at the Pleasanton Goodguys car show/swap meet Saturday and I hear a guy say "Hey, you into old bikes?" ... there is a Phantom in there, along with 2 Cruiser 5's and two Corvettes. two bikes with (not Chinese) motors. my SUV was full of tubs of parts. I could have my own swap meet now. 🙂

View attachment 1596642
View attachment 1596666

So you're saying that trailer load is yours?

I'll bet! So you were on your way out and some guy just dumped all that on you?

he stopped me and told me he had a bunch of mostly Schwinns he has had for 30 years and he'd like to get rid of all of them at once.. he used to rent them to people out of a Harley Dealership he worked at that rented Harleys. he had all sorts of spares to keep the rental bikes going. I had to go pick it all up at his house.

Back