When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ....3/29/20

-
Bought this back from a local collector. Sold it to him about 6 years ago, I restored ( bought From Larry at M/L) back in the 80's.

So, I've been snickering at all the people lined up in front of, and around the building, of our local sporting goods store. Everyone didn't just decide to go fishing. And then what do I do, I bought a gun. This is the first gun that I've bought in over thirty years. I ordered it Friday afternoon, it was delivered Monday. A little background, in doing You tube videos for my business, I came upon a major Revolutionary War site that never was, in the woods behind my house. This Brown Bess musket was the major firearm (in my humble opinion) on both sides of the war & in effect, the first American assault rifle. An experienced gunner could get out four rounds per minute. When you ran out of ammo, just fix the bayonet. I'm into proving this whole hypothenuse of mine & feel this may help, or I just wanted it. Research showed me that I had three basic options for a Brown Bess, less than an original. Either India made, Italy made or IMA had around 30,000 originals that hey had found in Nepal about 15 years ago that had been there since the 1830's. They were Ghurka army rifles, the Ghurka's were British army mercenaries that you don't want to mess with. The barrels, locks & ramrods are original, everything else was pretty much disintegrated so has been re-poped. It was a no brainer for me, do I get a mediocre repop that I just drill a vent hole, spend big bucks on a nice one, or take the middle road & buy the most rusted, cruded up, decrepit piece of crap out of the bunch. Well it's pretty much worked for me so far. Stay safe out there, and wash your hands.

DSCN2853.JPG

DSCN2854.JPG

I’m officially a Grandfather that’s good news to me and better than finding another bike at the moment. Even though I love a good find as much as everyone. Sorry to say I had a few opportunities to buy some great stuff this week . But I decided to stay near home due to the situation we are all facing . Stay Safe Everyone . I did make progress cleaning up last weeks Columbia American find.

View attachment 1163650

View attachment 1163653
Thank you everyone for the positive responses . And Stay Safe hopefully we can all look back at this time in the future and appreciate who and what we have going forward.

Last edited:
Back