When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...5/30/21

-
So this was a local CL find today. Owner says 42 model, complete original paint bike. Wrong gooseneck, painted spring. Please let me know year, etc, and any wrong parts, Thank you all for the responses, good or bad!

View attachment 1421292

View attachment 1421294

View attachment 1421295

View attachment 1421296

View attachment 1421297

View attachment 1421300

I had the same bike , Nice find .

A3261313-76E3-4ED8-82AA-55D7EAED911C.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks much for your reply. My taillight wires go inside the tank, yours to separate can. Is that battery pack factory, or added? Also, we have different lights. Which is correct, or are the bikes different years?Any info appreciated

So I'm just trying to determine if our bikes are the same year. Is your bike repainted, or original paint. Only reason i ask is that there are some differences. Your fender braces are painted, mine are bare. Darts on top tube are longer on my bike. Are you familiar with serial numbers on these? I am not. Thanks again for you input

Thanks much for your reply. My taillight wires go inside the tank, yours to separate can. Is that battery pack factory, or added? Also, we have different lights. Which is correct, or are the bikes different years?Any info appreciated
Battery pack was a delta add on. I had to find my light it was missing when I bought the bike. But is Hawthorne correct I believe and is the identical color of the bike. Your light looks correct though.My bike is original paint .

Your bike is a 41 as indicated by the 14 stamped on the bottom bracket.
So I'm just trying to determine if our bikes are the same year. Is your bike repainted, or original paint. Only reason i ask is that there are some differences. Your fender braces are painted, mine are bare. Darts on top tube are longer on my bike. Are you familiar with serial numbers on these? I am not. Thanks again for you input

Back