When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...6/13/21

-
I just realized I posted my ride this morning here and not this.pre toc Peter Wright anvil I picked up at a local swapmeet Saturday.1860 ish to 1890 ish.and I got a smokin deal on it too

20210612_115902.jpg

20210612_115915.jpg

20210612_115922.jpg

How is the rebound on that anvil ? looks to have had a lot of welding done to the edges.. that's usually not a good sign.. 9 times out of 10, it destroys an anvil and becomes a paper weight.. hence.. "a smokin Deal " worth scrap metal prices.. it happens a lot.. buyer beware !!! ...

Probably don’t get many people showing off their igloo coolers on here. I had to go after the western flyer so I bid on some other things to make my trip worthwhile. This cooler looked full of training wheels but had a winner light showing so I bought it. Was pleasantly surprised to see some more sellable items than training wheels. Included a really cool glass reflector.

04DD9870-7E7A-4ECE-A567-F1C588513A47.jpeg

How is the rebound on that anvil ? looks to have had a lot of welding done to the edges.. that's usually not a good sign.. 9 times out of 10, it destroys an anvil and becomes a paper weight.. hence.. "a smokin Deal " worth scrap metal prices.. it happens a lot.. buyer beware !!! ...
It still bounces a ball bearing and has a good ring to it,just not at the edges.the top has been rebuilt and i knew that.i do panel replacement,rust,crash repairs on old volkswagens and porsches.i just use it for making and repairing sheetmetal parts.im not a blacksmith so it serves my purposes quite well and has an easy life now.

Back