When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...6/24/18

-
They called them Duplex forks. Humber only. Guy in India is repoping them with 1 inch SAE instead of the Winthworth threads. I guess you can tell I like Humber Duplex forks. Humber May Pole chain rings are pretty cool too.
I guess I can, and for good reason. I've got a 26tpi so that I can change the length of the stem and still use the lovely British crown races and nuts.

Not much happening for me in the way of bikes since Memory Lane and Ann Arbor, haven't had much time with the new job, but the stars lined up and I bought parts for 3 projects in the last few weeks. Got a front caliper, truss rods and crash rail seat for my 54 green Jaguar, thanks @frank 71 , a troxel saddle for my 19 Davis built archbar, thanks @youngprewarguy, and a killer patina restored Phantom seat from @bobcycles. All you guys did a knock down job on packing, and super fast shipping. Thanks for a great week. Joe
IMG_20180624_130430868.jpg
IMG_20180624_125432902.jpg
IMG_20180624_125759454.jpg

No bike stuff but I got up yesterday morning, got the first thing smoking out of the Augusta airport for a flight to Philly, and then went north almost to Trenton, NJ to pick up this car. Got in drove back with a slight detour to Boyce, Va to pick up ta phonograph cabinet that I bought off EBay for my Victor as local pick-up only and made it home about 2:15 this morning. The car didn't miss a beat. 75k original miles, every piece of paperwork from new, and a ton of stuff to include new tires done within the last two months. Could use paint/deals and new front seat covers but otherwise a pretty nice car. V/r Shawn

DSC_0636 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0638.JPG
DSC_0644.JPG
DSC_0645.JPG

I stumbled across a 77 year old collector of many things who happened to be selling off his collection of Ca. bicycle license plates....
this is my first order of 104 with more on the way.............
fullsizeoutput_b90.jpeg

He had a variety of straps as well, so I took them all........
fullsizeoutput_ba0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ba2.jpeg

Back