When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell.. 6/26/22

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Two cool find this weekend. First one a 2010 Felt (already sold), and this cool pre war Cycletruck. I think it maybe a Roadmaster or a CWC. It has many wrong parts I know, but I couldn't pass it up.
20220624_172408.jpg
20220625_193446.jpg
20220625_193552.jpg

After not buying or selling anything at Portland, my travels home took me through Huntington, IN. I decided to drop in the Huntington Bicycle Shop. I had been there before to locate parts for a build. A shout out to to Brooks Fetters, owner. He bought two of my three bikes and threw in the frame below. I had been looking for a violet lightweight for some time. Glad I decided to stop!
IMG_6303.JPG

IMG_6305.JPG

IMG_6307.JPG

Last edited:
I finally got some bike pics to show you Cabers. I posted my new pair of Western Flyers on the Media page last night. They came as a pair from a Caber ( B/B) in Ohio with a little/lotta help from his friend (J/T) to ship. Spotted on the Cabe back in Feb. and they agreed to ship if I was patient.

Well patience ( not usually in my vocabulary) paid off and they arrived this week. The boys bike has lots of wear ( I hate the words "patina/barn find but they fit this bike) but is very complete rides decent, and the pair even has all original tires. The gals bike will polish up ( rims/brightwork) well when I have time. Both lights work ( I replaced the bottom on the boys with repop Rocket Ray) as do the horns with the usual tweaking.

I got a really nice all original BF Goodrich Schwinn Green Phantom ( I quote an owner/finder..."Nice survivor rescued from of all places, Orcas Island last week in the San Juan Island chain off of Washington state coast".) I lusted at over a year ago, and I just couldn't swing the deal/bad timing, the bike changed hands among 2 prominent Cabers out in LA and I got another chance this Spring to buy it. The 2 are pals and worked together to relocate this gem to Winnipeg via Bike Flights.

One small hitch is B/F musta dropped one box with a full body slam because the chain ring was badly bent. Dang....Well "specialized tools" ( crescent wrench/hammer/block of wood) got it spinning with only a smallish wow/plan to replace at some time with a better one. Bike was packed like "Fort Knox", so I dunno what they did, but take notes. I may swap the repop Typhoon B/W out for Clay red or a sweet set of BFG original w/w's or repop aged Typhoon W/W's.

Now I have decent examples of mostly original ( few parts swaps/upgrades) Black, Red, and Green Schwinn Phantom, pics to follow another time.

I bought a duplicate ( trader for some bike tires) of my tin toy Taiyo Japan assortment of '68 Corvettes, a neat #33 graphics with original box. Battery box was cracked/kinda trashed, but toy is in very nice condition. I got it working ( albeit a flat spot on the travel wheel/bump and go) with some patching to the brittle plastic bat box/terminals.

A local antique dealer buddy had some bike plates for me and a stop light set I'll hook up in my upper Man Cave/Garage. It's starting to take shape, just needs a bit of organizing. There's a time to build, and a time to organize..ha!
wow nice phantom !! i would like to find a green someday !

After not buying or selling anything at Portland, my travels home took me through Huntington, IN. I decided to drop in the Huntington Bicycle Shop. I had been there before to locate parts for a build. A shout out to to Brooks Fetters, owner. He bought two of my three bikes and threw in the frame below. I had been looking for a violet lightweight for some time. Glad I decided to stop!
View attachment 1652810
View attachment 1652811
View attachment 1652812
Very cool! Brooks is great! I’ve not been to his shop yet, but he’s been to my place and bought several from me! I’ve probably got parts for that violet if you’re in need of anything!

Very cool! Brooks is great! I’ve not been to his shop yet, but he’s been to my place and bought several from me! I’ve probably got parts for that violet if you’re in need of anything!
Brooks is cool. That was the second time in his shop. Spent a couple of hours there talking old bikes. He's got some new and mostly old stuff in his shop. I'll keep in mind the parts. I've got to get my current project finished before I can start on this one.

Back