When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...6/28/20

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
7424DD41-B2E0-4409-82D7-0C2A707AA878.jpeg
EDEF7CB9-BD4E-4E9C-9FB5-4BAA9FC74058.jpeg
8EAD5041-FCE3-4D78-854D-4E6BFEE9DE5C.jpeg
82ED671B-D090-4F11-ABDE-31150DA88FD5.jpeg

Craigslist find: The glow in the dark Schwinn hornet? What is this headbadge?

So, I picked this one up the other day because I just couldn't say no.

The frame, forks, truss rods, tank, front wheel and fenders, all appear to be consistent with a 1953 Schwinn, if we are to go with the serial number being correct. I believe that it is a hornet, based on the options, but there is much I do not know.

The thing that I would love insights into is the headbadge. It isn't a Schwinn badge - it's flat - and I haven't been able to get it off. It's shorter than a Schwinn badge, too. I don't see remnants of other screws. Ideas?

View attachment 1220721View attachment 1220722View attachment 1220723View attachment 1220724

Craigslist find: The glow in the dark Schwinn hornet? What is this headbadge?

So, I picked this one up the other day because I just couldn't say no.

The frame, forks, truss rods, tank, front wheel and fenders, all appear to be consistent with a 1953 Schwinn, if we are to go with the serial number being correct. I believe that it is a hornet, based on the options, but there is much I do not know.

The thing that I would love insights into is the headbadge. It isn't a Schwinn badge - it's flat - and I haven't been able to get it off. It's shorter than a Schwinn badge, too. I don't see remnants of other screws. Ideas?
That year of bike could have the aluminum version of the train, plain & automobile badge. Or maybe the Aluminum Spitfire badge? How tall is the badge? The Spitfire badge is 3" tall and the plain, train & auto badge is about 2 5/8" tall.

Had a great time last weekend trying to pack 20 pounds of family & friend fun into a 5 pound can. Got about 17 pounds in there and came home with some fun stuff!
My Big Little Brother gave me the Coors Classic 1980 mirror, '77 Orange Crush mug & Messenger seat. My Middle Little Brother gave me the A- Salt gun for killing flies. (My Little Little Brother didn't give me anything but we're working on something:wink:) My best friend growing up gave me the Specialized FSR frame & Motomags and I gave him a nice Fender Guitars stool I found at a garage sale a while ago.:)

View attachment 1219617
I've got a "Bug-a-salt"! LOVE it!! I've got the "yellow Jacket " version...doesn't do much for the European yellow jackets..if you knock em down and damage their wings..you've got a chance!

I've got a "Bug-a-salt"! LOVE it!! I've got the "yellow Jacket " version...doesn't do much for the European yellow jackets..if you knock em down and damage their wings..you've got a chance!

I learned this the other day with some wasps. Gotta get pretty close to wing ‘em then a good stomp to finish the job. Don’t have a lot of flies. May need to look into the Yellow Jacket version. A can of WD40 or cheap hairspray and a lighter works pretty good in a pinch.;)

Back