When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...6/3/18

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I ended up picking up this 1947 Whizzer its a late Model H engine.. it came with a 1947 title that was issued in 1964 to the last owner.. so the last owner had it for 54 years !! I have plans to take the whizzer parts off and put on another more correct Roadmaster built whizzer frame with the correct dimples and fenders.. I also picked up this slab of wood (not sure what type of wood) with thoughts of making it into a table.. its 2 1/2" thick 38" long and 24" wide at the widest point..

View attachment 818092

View attachment 818093

View attachment 818094
Good to see a CABE member got it, i had my eye on it but decided not to bid.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Been busy with other stuff, so just got a few things....
Ran out of hooks, so.....
IMG_1359 (002).JPG

Got a new lens for my Elgin rack.....
IMG_1358 (002).JPG

And a couple of cool large red reflectors, a smaller amber one, and another nice red one....
IMG_1357 (002).JPG

Ok I don't know if I can technically brag on these yet, but they are paid for and technically belong to me, even though they are not in my possession I would like to Show them to you guys and Tell you about them!

First is a 57-58 Black Phantom, I have been after a Schwinn Phantom since I could ever remember "Old Bikes" as a child I have always wanted a Phantom, but they have always been put of reach for me, thanks to Caber Kirk Thomas for selflessly taking time from his life and making the 4+ hour round trip to go pick this bike up for me and making a long time dream a reality! The 10 year old kid in me has been screaming for days now.

Next is one of the final pieces in my JC Higgins jigsaw puzzle, a truss mount Batwing light, hoping to spend some time cleaning the inside out and putting fresh bulbs and batteries in this one to make it work again and eventually paint it with the rest of my bike

Thanks to the Cabe I have been one ecstatic guy this week, and I couldn't have had that enjoyment without the users here!

Aaron

View attachment 818167

View attachment 818168

View attachment 818169

View attachment 818171

View attachment 818172

View attachment 818173

Congrats on the Phantom. When I first decided to start collecting classic bikes my first purchase was a '56 green Phantom--still have it. V/r Shawn

Congrats on the Phantom. When I first decided to start collecting classic bikes my first purchase was a '56 green Phantom--still have it. V/r Shawn

Thank you Shawn, I have wanted one for so so long and to finally have one is still surreal, of course I will need to find an original tank and seat but she is mostly there, first thing I will be doing to satisfy the little kid in me is clothes pinning some baseball cards to the rear of the frame when I take it for its first ride!

Aaron

My Father got me into archery back in the mid 80's. The first bow he purchased for me I was not even able to pull back for about 6 months after receiving it for my birthday, "I was still in grade school, and he just told me to keep trying". The day finally came where I was able to complete a draw with it.". It started a life long hobby.

Fast forward three decades, and I now have this Browning Barracuda Fishing Bow. After many years of great service I splintered a limb. Being the cheap guy I am, I sanded the splinter off, (It was small) and then put some duct tape on the limb and continued to use it for two more years.

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

"The area I live in has been invaded by non-native asian carp. The IL DNR does not want them in the waters as they are a threat to Lake Michigan. I often hunt down this invasive species". I have used my catches to both fertilize the yard, and I have also ate a few of them (They are not bad tasting at all, and sort of remind me of cod).

I just picked up a child's Browning Midas 3 that was missing a few parts at goodwill and planned to use it as my new bow-fishing bow. When I got home I was surprised to see it was the exact same bow as my barracuda despite the price difference between the two models. The only differences I can spot are the paint, and the cam design. I then transferred the limbs to my barracuda keeping the original cams, and it is now as good as new. I feel lucky to have found it inexpensively at goodwill, as it would have cost me much more to replace.

Basically Browning took a beginners child bow, gave it a new paint job, and then marketed it to bow fisherman for more money with the only difference being the cams. (Which are actually a cheaper design, as they have less adjustment capabilities, but have zero let off like a traditional compound bow would have).

IMG_2217.JPG

This wooden one piece Colt Branded "Wing" Bow is also new purchase picked up at a flea market. It was just re-strung and shoots amazingly. After 10 minutes of practice I was able to put 8 out of 9 arrows in a 6" diameter circle. It may be older than me, but I like it. It's one of the best shooting bows I have ever had. "No sights on this one, Just instinctive shooting, which is something I have been practicing with" . With a modern sighted compound bow I could get even tighter groupings, but I don't find them as fun to shoot anymore as they are amazingly accurate.

Last edited:
E106CE71-D600-4023-9CC5-3E14214B7C48.jpeg
A07DC339-8379-4F5C-AEC0-8D0591A48D54.jpeg
F7FED735-7124-4569-BC72-ED7E63CB6BAC.jpeg
CD5FB1FA-6199-4EC3-8DFC-ECEDB2278277.jpeg
Found more toys this weekend this “Horton hears a who” model was one fantastic thing out of it...I have never seen or can find any info on...gots to be rare 1900 bicycle tax tag.. a interesting large marble “made from stone lapis lazuli and a old stone Native American “skinning knife? “ this tool Still very sharp and fits the hand nicely... amazing .... :0

Back