When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell....6/9/19

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I picked up some badges. I'm still waiting on the Union Jack and Aero Flyer. They'll be here tomorrow. I don't know about the Aero Flyer, it's pretty rough. We'll see if it's possible to get a better photo? Barry
Klinedinst Special 03.jpg

Lens Lansing Flyer.jpg

Union Jack 02.jpg

1560112916766.png

A couple of rescued items. First, appears to be an elaborate umbrella/cane stand in cast iron made sometime in the 1800's and sold to the "high end" market at the time. It depicts
DSC00551.JPG

DSC00553.JPG

a likeness of Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson who was a British Flag officer in the Royal Navy. He was killed at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 and thereafter, considered one of Britain's most heroic figures. End of history lesson!
Second, an old stain glass transom that has seen better days........

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00553.JPG

Picked up this two sided gaming board. It came from an old billiard hall on Mount Washington in Pittsburgh. It has cool graphics with a type of card game, The other side game isn't as colorful but has images of Amos and Andy. Does that make it the 30's. It will make a decent wall hanger. Also picked up a Honda kick-n-go in really nice condition.

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

My first 28” Colson – 1934 Simmons Hardware store, Banner badge.

Original wheels are metal clad wood and in relatively good shape, other than no tires.

I wanted to ride this bike so laced up a set of prewar ND hubs into a set of Velocity Blunt 35’s.

Laced plenty of 26” wheels, these Blunts are a little different, but after figuring out a few tricks, easy enough to lace.

Except for the wheel set, three fender screws, grips and pedals, the rest seems original.

I have the original pedals, but one has a severe case of road rash.

Easier to pedal than I expected with a 9 tooth rear cog. I guess a smaller front chain ring makes the difference.

Anyone know the significance of the eagle? decal?

Tim
20190609_131521.jpg

20190609_131401.jpg

20190609_131419.jpg

20190528_165504.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up this dirty Bianchi Ocelot from an estate sale Friday with lots of nice components. The rear wheel was a filthy mess with two broken spokes. I cleaned it up and had my local shop true and replace the spokes. Turns out it's a nice Hügi wheel worth a lot more than my $5 bike purchase.

20190607_120624.jpg

20190609_172021.jpg

Back