When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 7/10/22

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've been absent for a few months, but I'm back! Just got this 1960 Schwinn Continental yesterday with the Simplex "suicide" shifter from the original owner. As found condition. I'll do my usual story and barrage of photos a little later. Decals look unreal!

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1217.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

Well, I've got boxes of parts piling up for projects I haven't gotten around to unpacking but I was lucky enough to pick up a bike this week. It's been a while since I've found one in the wild!

'56 BFG badged Red Phantom dubbed "El Rojo" all original down to the BFG Silvertown tubes with the exception of light cover which is a 50's phantom replacement...

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

Amazingly still holding air after 2 days!

IMG_5894.jpg

It's been cleaning up nicely and hope to have it rolling this week!

Continuing the 1 speed project, I made the rear wheel for it the other day. Turned out good. I spent a hour revitalizing an NOS rim that had oxidation pitting in my utility sink, 400, then 600 then buffing wheel. I have a matching rim, so when I get a hub I can make the front wheel. Still trying to figure out the correct BB spacing. I found an old Baylis and Wiley spindle that may work, turns out the BB cup must have a certain thickness for the locking to be right. Searching for a crank.

IMG_5844.jpeg

Back