When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 7/24/22

-

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
While sitting here drinking my morning coffee, I wondered why anyone in their right mind, would be considering riding a bike in this extremely hot weather.
Please stay cool folks.

Let's see what relics you've found from the past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please include pictures as we do love pictures!

Bought this a couple of days ago...1955 Enfield Coventry Cross. Photos are as found. I have a full Post on the bike with a ton of photos. 😎

IMG_1351.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

Last edited:
Stayin' cool is the name of the game here in Richmond, VA July-

Managed to find a couple treasures from my armchair though fortunately.

Original rubber Vitalic elephant, that Rugby ladies frame that has been on ebay forever, another killer motor style stem from the early days of MC / Bicycle transitions, and a cheap Ben Hur ladies as well!

Vitalic Elephant.jpg

motor stem.jpg

Ladies Ben Hur.jpg

Ladies Rugby.jpg

Just a bunch of random stuff. Box full of old tools from my grandmother, leftovers from my great grandfather, grandfather and her late life partner.

Then eBay turned up a matching chain guard to replace the red one on my oldest daughters new Pixie I put together for her to learn without training wheels. Looking for a top bar for this if anyone has one.

I found this 1954 Collegiate at a local sale. Its in very good condition for its age spending most of its life inside. Unfortunately it spent time near something corrosive and the rear rim suffered for it. I've only given it a bath to remove dust and cobwebs, the paint still shines. This is the first bike this nice I have found that the tires are rotted, both split when I pumped them up so will need some replacements for the S6s before I sell it. Enjoy:

colg1.JPG

colg2.JPG

colg3.JPG

colg4.JPG

colg5.JPG

colg6.JPG

I found this 1954 Collegiate at a local sale. Its in very good condition for its age spending most of its life inside. Unfortunately it spent time near something corrosive and the rear rim suffered for it. I've only given it a bath to remove dust and cobwebs, the paint still shines. This is the first bike this nice I have found that the tires are rotted, both split when I pumped them up so will need some replacements for the S6s before I sell it. Enjoy:

View attachment 1668178

View attachment 1668179

View attachment 1668180

View attachment 1668181

View attachment 1668182

View attachment 1668183
That is a really cool find! Have not seen one that early yet. Congrats!

Back