When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...8/12/18

-

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Good morning Show and Tellers.
Let's see what classics you have found from this past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please, include pictures as we do love pictures.

I got lucky enough to find a decent set of Carlisle's for a friend from a respected Caber.

a324d733842287fc6d1851e8adbfe9e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve had a fun week:

It may not be cool for most on this forum but I found and won a 7-Eleven team issue skin suit (time trial) off of eBay.

Reproduction poster for the 1949 TDF; this is the tour I believe my V. Bianco frame set was raced in.

My kids kept destroying table spoons dishing out ice cream; I located this brass ice cream scoop in a nearby shop. The kids say it works great.

An old Pontiac was purchased so the new driver in the house (16yr old) can borrow it, looks like it will haul a full size bike with the seats down.

D42C9CB8-9F9E-4943-B2AD-B9EF7AFDAD3A.jpeg

B97B142E-E2FD-4858-8849-B5E73F164341.jpeg

FFD88807-168E-4D30-A206-305AE76B294E.jpeg

B828B560-CD7E-4DBF-A0C1-F12EF7C6C637.jpeg

I found a few neat items today at a Chicago area flea market.

A working Antique Keystone Pictograph, There is a tray that slides in underneath that you put a photo on, it then projects the photo on to a wall or screen. Inside the unit, there is two bulbs, and some mirrors. When testing it out, it gets really hot very quickly.
1.jpg

A antique African Zulu Assegai Iron Spear Head.
2.jpg

Ware Bros Chicago Roller Skate Co Roller Skates in the original metal carry case from the same company.
3.jpg

A very old weighted antique Brass Spittoon
4.JPG

Miscellaneous Saw Sets and tools, A antique Hand Forged Tifany Conklin Pruner, A set of fenders (Hopefully They Might Be Original Schwinn Stingrays), A double headed Melco Clay Pigeon thrower that throws two pigeons at once.

5.JPG

And a dual 521 turntable.
6.JPG

Is there a definite way to tell if the fenders are from a stingray, I have been looking for a friend who wanted me to find a set. He tore his off his childhood bike when he was a kid.

Last edited:
Back