When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...8/25/19

-
Some August finds:

Nice patriotic sign from the 50’s or earlier.
View attachment 1053084

A Carmen Ghia kit….most of it. Missing one seat and some parts painted or assembled. This is one of those pia to assemble 3=5 piece bodies by Revell. They were great at ships, planes, tanks, etc., but there were terrible with car kits. I’ve seen many half built older Revell car kits probably because the modeler got disgusted with trying to make that miserable body look decent. Neat box art though.

View attachment 1053087

A couple of “foreign” made toys. A Londontoy Hurricane made in Canada. First one I’ve seen. Also, didn’t know that the later Lionel Company contracted their HO bodies to Canada.

View attachment 1053082

View attachment 1053086

An industrial advertising item from the 1930’s.

View attachment 1053083
I have a ‘49 Ford kit like that, from
a different company

Feeling very lucky. A buddy calls me up and says he’s got a mid-life crisis car with my name written all over it. I said I wasn’t interested because I’ve had too many MLCs already. He wouldn’t take No for an answer. 1988 with just under a hundred thou. I need some $300 shades!!!View attachment 1053137

Nice.......................................(picture later that day)

ab0c05079e5aee8848377ecf29708583.jpg

Got these cool cast iron Michelin man bookends. They stand about 6” tall. Very little info about these in googleland. Anybody know about them? Also i got a 69 Fastback minus the front wheel. Local pickup on fleabay and am picking it up in a few hours.

View attachment 1052820

View attachment 1052821

View attachment 1052822

From everything I’ve learned about these cast iron Michelin guys, they are repops in almost every case. The original counter top piece with this design (no bookend) was made of papier-mâché. There’s a cast iron man in a different design that was made for mounting on an air pump, but what I know says these bookends are cool repro pieces. Still neat on either end of muscle car magazines or old repair manuals. There’s a good thread on the old gas forum.

https://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=384489&page=2

John | East Sac CA

No worries...just an unprofessional seller. When they cancelled the transaction and returned my money, I wondered why, but they were not up front enough to tell me that they sold it elsewhere.
Scott, I'm sure you've seen it all. From nuts to flakes, just like a breakfast cereal.

Back