When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell. ...8/3/14

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bike is a fixed gear, and the peg is to aid in mounting. Put a foot on the peg and push the bike along then throw a leg over and go. Kind of a holdover from the Highwheel step peg.

Cool Napoleon

Didn't think I'd get into TOC bikes...at least not this soon into the hobby.
Picked up this early Napoleon from a fellow Cabe'r locally last week. Was sold to me as a 1902 Napoleon, but have since been advised it might be a bit older. Nice and roomy 24" frame. Can't wait to lace up some wheels and stretch out my legs for once!

Very cool early Napoleon.
I am not an expert, so take with the appropriate grain of sodium chloride. The mid to late 1890's Napoleon's I have seen have either a very small chain ring (typical of that period) or a chain ring with four "teardrops" and a more simple badge, but are otherwise similar to yours in terms of frame design. They had the wishbone seat stays from early 1900s up until about 1908 or so with your style chain ring and badge.

1907 Sears Catalog
1907SearsCatalogPage-1.jpg

My Napoleon is later. Other than a mechanical going through and Harper tire repops to make it a rider, it is exactly as I found it.

DSCF0220-1.jpg

DSCF0218-1.jpg

DSCF0216-1.jpg

DSCF0215-1.jpg

Very cool early Napoleon.
I am not an expert, so take with the appropriate grain of sodium chloride. The mid to late 1890's Napoleon's I have seen have either a very small chain ring (typical of that period) or a chain ring with four "teardrops" and a more simple badge, but are otherwise similar to yours in terms of frame design. They had the wishbone seat stays from early 1900s up until about 1908 or so with your style chain ring and badge.

1907 Sears Catalog
1907SearsCatalogPage-1.jpg

My Napoleon is later. Other than a mechanical going through and Harper tire repops to make it a rider, it is exactly as I found it.

DSCF0220-1.jpg

DSCF0218-1.jpg

DSCF0216-1.jpg

DSCF0215-1.jpg

Thanks so much! The one in the ad looks just like it!

Back