When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...8/5/18

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Took a little road trip. Wife Needed to get out of town for the day....
D81A156C-4C4E-44BD-8C42-386B633BC923.jpeg

5EFED357-0395-42AF-A5A8-6B4D1DE2AA7F.jpeg

Last weekend I picked up this wood slab clock. Its fairly large and measures 29" at it widest point. On the back side there is a tag that says "Wood from California" The wood is very heavy and weights about 20 pounds (Edit: 27 pounds, I just weighed it). Does anyone from that area know what type of tree it might have come from. I plan to give it to my father next time a gift is do, I think he will like it as he has a similar looking table in one of his rooms.

1.JPG

I also picked up this in-expensive pair of 10x50 binoculars for 6$. I have a small collection of nicer binoculars in various powers, and have been reading up lately on modifications people perform to make them better. I thought this would be a nice cheap set to practice on.

2.JPG

They were out of alignment when purchased, and were not very impressive at all. I already took them apart cleaned the lenses and mocked them back up together. After a little trial and error the image is much better now, but not as nice as some of my nicer pairs. Next I plan to paint the non reflective walls of the prisms black, and add in some rolled black paper tubes, and just use them as a experiment to practice up on some modifications I have read about. I just want to see how well I might be able to get them to perform, and also see first hand what effect the various modifications may have.

Once done, I plan to keep them as a beater set. They will live in my car, and be used when I take the canoe out fishing.

Last edited:
Finally picked up a few things last week after a long dry spell. The Stingray owners manual and Predator marketing piece came from a bike shop that is in the process of going out of business. The owner said he had the good stuff at his house and told me to give him a call in September. The Suburban is in incredible condition. Couldn't have been ridden more than a handful of times.

I picked it up on an online auction.
IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 9.41.12 PM.png

Last weekend I picked up this wood slab clock. Its fairly large and measures 29" at it widest point. On the back side there is a tag that says "Wood from California" The wood is very heavy and weights about 20 pounds (Edit: 27 pounds, I just weighed it). Does anyone from that area know what type of tree it might have come from. I plan to give it to my father next time a gift is do, I think he will like it as he has a similar looking table in one of his rooms.

View attachment 849055

I also picked up this in-expensive pair of 10x50 binoculars for 6$. I have a small collection of nicer binoculars in various powers, and have been reading up lately on modifications people perform to make them better. I thought this would be a nice cheap set to practice on.

View attachment 849063

They were out of alignment when purchased, and were not very impressive at all. I already took them apart cleaned the lenses and mocked them back up together. After a little trial and error the image is much better now, but not as nice as some of my nicer pairs. Next I plan to paint the non reflective walls of the prisms black, and add in some rolled black paper tubes, and just use them as a experiment to practice up on some modifications I have read about. I just want to see how well I might be able to get them to perform, and also see first hand what effect the various modifications may have.

Once done, I plan to keep them as a beater set. They will live in my car, and be used when I take the canoe out fishing.
The tree is a Redwood Burl,cut from the roots of a fallen redwood tree more the likely Northern Calif,,where rite now we are losing thousands a day due to wild fires

Back