When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...9/10/17

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I fogot to mention last week Happy Labor Day and that we all need to pray for those suffering from Hurricane Harvey.
Now this week Hurricane Irma is a damaging force.

Being on the east coast, my family and I have battened down the hatches numerous times each fall, hoping to protect our belongings.
Those in Irma's path, please be safe.

Let's see what relics you have found from the past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please include pictures as we do love pictures!

I picked up this cool graphics bike shirt from the other site.
7eeebae08f6ec909a16d5fc572cec757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Went back to my buddy where I got all the old Custom car magazines and bought another box of the small custom car mags.for $20 .There are about 200 of these! They date back from about 1952.As kids we used to hide these inside our school books and read them during class............
custom1.jpg

I got this Delta ball light for for my sister's childhood bike, I've been collecting the missing parts for a while now and hope to get a complete restoration done for her by Christmas for helping me take care of our 93 year old mother. any help would be greatly appreciated. I still need a set of 24 inch Chrome or painted but need to be straight, middleweight fenders with braces for a 1965 Montgomery Wards Hawthorne girls bike

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Found this Eldi repair stand last weekend in Ontario. Was at my son's provincial championship baseball tourney. (They won it all!!!) Nipped out between games. Saw an old bike shop. Struck up a conversation with the owner. This was up in a crawl space.
Weighs a ton. The clamps have been brazed stationary. Not arc welded. Maybe mod was done pre 1940's?

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_4986.JPG

IMG_4987.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

IMG_4965.JPG

Also found this Bicycle joker card in a wall of my 100 year old house. Shows the earlier version of U.S. dollar sign...before the bottom of the "U" was discarded.
IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4964.JPG

Don't see many deluxe girl's Hollywoods this late. Love paint,vs. chrome,myself.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Marty,she came out ok. Wish i could have saved the tires,original leather on the saddle was beyond hope,too. You can check her out,up close and personal, at our LeftCoastCycles ride,in Venice,10/14/17.

Pretty much the same story with this latest acquisition.
It was purchased by the previous owner at the Turlock swap in 1980 and stored in a shed every since.
I rode it yesterday, for what I think might have been the first time in at least 30 years.
Rolls like a ball, downhill, down wind!
3/22/1950 Schwinn/ Lincoln Hollywood picked her up Labor day. Stored 30+,only non original to her,now,is tires,tubes,rim strips,grips,and new leather for her seat. Rolls like butter!

image.jpeg

Back