When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell....9/2/18

-

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sept6 already, this summer was way too short.

Let's see what relics you've found from the past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please, include pictures as we do love pictures!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Found a nice buckle at the flea market

A 1950's clock/sailbot at a yard sale.....it lights up.

A Monoose hybrid that was in a person's yard with a free sign. Dirty as heck but cleaned up nicely, Had a giant sized seat and a spring suspension post that I replace with a more useable saddle. A most unusual shifter that controls both front and rear drs.

Found a few other things but no time to post more at the moment.

b1.JPG

100_1699.JPG

100_1625.JPG

clock advertisement.jpg

goose.JPG

shift.JPG

Got some free stuff this week.A lady gave me an old foot locker her brother used in WW 2. My friend investigated the history and found the owner was in the CCC [Civilian Conservation Corps] during WWII .He was in the reserves and there is an interesting history of the CCC I never knew existed. Also got an old spinning wheel.Not a reproduction.It has been well used
ww2.jpg

ww3.jpg

ww4.jpg

ww5.jpg

I picked up a set of single tube tires off eBay and a few small bike items.
My wife bought me a house! I get a good sized workshop and a whole room in the house just for bikes cuz my wife is sick of them taking up the living room!!!

6BB7BB67-1A4D-4066-90DA-3B34C8510830.jpeg

4A77A12D-0D79-4D6B-B5BA-AA8CB78DD76B.jpeg

84686FBD-10D3-4DD7-BF14-C5950D3243E3.jpeg

Last edited:
I Bought these from a person that decided to change hobbies . One bike I owned in the past . Three are restored well the Columbia Schwinn and a Colson Flyer . The Rollfast is original except tires and light ( I have the correct light ) and rideable . The Elgin is as found. And there’s a a Roadmaster and a Firestone for parts .

A72AF417-EC28-4476-9D57-ED6E0D3E0380.jpeg

Last edited:
Back