When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...9/23/18

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hmmm....
One month to 2 months... About 1-2 weeks to sculpt, then I have to cut it apart and hollow it so it won't explode in the kiln ..so that adds another week. Then I tetris it back together and paint it, one more week. Then I load it in the kiln and it has to sit and dry for about 2 weeks before I turn it on. If it's fired too soon the water molecules can't escape from the clay once it reaches boiling temp, so it can explode. Then it fires for about 12 hours to pyrometric cone 5, about 2,300 degrees F.

I'm working on a piece right now which I hollowed last night, so you can see the process...

It's kinda like scooping the guts out of a pumpkin. Haha.

View attachment 873173

View attachment 873174

View attachment 873175

View attachment 873176

View attachment 873177

View attachment 873178
Very cool, kinda reminds me of the chocolate bunnies I used to get from the Easter bunny.

My buddy @KingSized HD gave me a tip on an estate sale where I picked up this very nice extra large 72 schwinn varsity, also scored this nice 1970 Smith-Corona typewriter, and some great book about Fresno history, a great find!

20180923_180902.jpg

20180923_180916.jpg

20180923_180014.jpg

20180923_180304.jpg

Back