When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ... 9/5/21

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had one real nice find this last Friday.

I have lost 14 pounds in the last 6 weeks after taking a new job that required physical activity. As a result I needed all new clothes. On Friday I went to goodwill and purchased a bunch of pants and shorts. I did not want to spend much because I do not know how much more weight I may loose.

I saw a brand new pair of work boots behind the glass display cabinet and asked to try them on. The brand was Nick's. I never heard of the brand before, but when I saw that they were handmade in the USA I thought they would be worth the $40 price tag and they fit me perfectly.

At the time it was obvious they were brand new. After I got home I researched the brand and was surprised that they cost $470 when new. I decided to keep them, and have been wearing them most of the weekend. They even came with a unused 2nd set of Kevlar laces.

I have a older set of Redwings I was keeping in nice condition, But now the Redwings will become my work boots, and I will keep these Nicks boots in nice condition for casual dress occasions.

Last edited:
Goodwill has been kind to me this weekend. My parents wanted to get the family together for lunch today. On my way back home I stopped at another goodwill to take a peak at what might be inside, and I found this Hiawatha bike for a price too low that I'm embarrassed to say.

I just drove it home and pumped up the tires (They seem to be holding air). I plan to take it for a ride in a few minutes.

This is probably the first bike I purchased in about a year or longer. I have moved about 5 or 6 out since spring, so I had room for a new addition.

Edit: I just took it for a short few mile loop through town. I did not take it too far, becuse I did not know if the inner tubes would hold up. It rode nicely, but I will need to track down a longer seatpost to move it up another inch. The low seat position put a burn on my legs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the year on this bike, or where I can locate a serial number? Its front emblem badge says "Hiawatha Gambler", and has a Indian Head above the wording.

Back