When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SunRacer Badge? Model? Year?

-

Mcast50

On Training Wheels
Need help with ID’ing? My first vintage bike project..

Attachments

• 05870368-1BF8-4DE8-AB82-A4B16DF40D92.jpeg
    05870368-1BF8-4DE8-AB82-A4B16DF40D92.jpeg
    410 KB · Views: 98
  • 45F77EC5-C064-44D6-8F8A-4FEC3EC819DE.jpeg
    45F77EC5-C064-44D6-8F8A-4FEC3EC819DE.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 114
She's built by Rollfast, if you plan on getting it back to original you've got a lot of parts to collect. But they aren't to hard to come by especially on here.

She's built by Rollfast, if you plan on getting it back to original you've got a lot of parts to collect. But they aren't to hard to come by especially on here.
Thank you, I have the fenders and chain guard... any idea as to year?

Not really man, but I want to say 50's, definitely postwar because of the rear dropouts facing forward. There are quite a few people on here that are very knowledgeable.
Sean

Bike was produced by Snyder in Little Falls New York. Postwar agreed. Like to see a close-up with detail of the sun racer badge. Let's also see some other sun racer badged bikes for comparison. I seem tp recall other make bikes badged as sun racer. That may give some clues that would indicate a particular store/geographical area. The Rollfast chainring looks like ladies tooth count imo not og. All Rollfast badged bikes were made by Snyder but Snyder produced and badged bikes for many other stores & mail order sellers.

Last edited:
Bike was produced by Snyder in Little Falls New York. Postwar agreed. Like to see a close-up with detail of the sun racer badge. Let's also see some other sun racer badged bikes for comparison. I seem tp recall other make bikes badged as sun racer. That may give some clues that would indicate a particular store/geographical area. The Rollfast chainring looks like ladies tooth count imo not og. All Rollfast badged bikes were made by Snyder but Snyder produced and badged bikes for many other stores & mail order sellers.
See Nate that's why you're cruising on your Bluebird and I'm not, lol!

Attachments

• 170A98E1-4F8D-4299-9636-C8714D9B9D9F.jpeg
    170A98E1-4F8D-4299-9636-C8714D9B9D9F.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 84
There are your answers this bike was not Rollfast badged.

Sun Racer is the house badge of this store, I feel they likely jobbed from several other bike manufacturers.

Other members please post up your non-Snyder built Sun Racer badged bikes and solve this simple riddle.

N

Last edited:
I have the bike apart but dont see any numbers (serial #) on the frame. Crank in the middle between bearings says WALD.
Above comments say Roll Fast which the pedals do say Roll Fast, nothing else except the badge is a SunRacer. Any other ideas where to find markings of any kind?

bike parts 1.jpg

bike frame and front fork 1.jpg

Back