When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super clean 1970 Raleigh DL1

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jimbo53

I live for the CABE
Grabbed this exceptionally clean 1970 DL1 at the Hurricane Coaster vintage bike swap and show in Concord NC last Sat. Looks identical to my 75 Tourist but no “Tourist” on the chainguard. 28” wheels, 24” frame, perfectly adjusted (!) rod brakes, SA AW 3 speed hub, nice Prestube rack, Elite headlight, black Brooks B66 saddle, even the original Dunlop Roadster Gold Seal tires are like new! SCORE!

FDC5961F-0038-447C-B115-DCB66BA50EE0.jpeg

189B1D31-AE44-4113-A2CD-0D79A27AB6F1.jpeg

Hard to believe it’s 50 years old. I know 3 speed roadster style British bicycles don’t get much love here, but as the Brits say, I’m pretty chuffed with this find!

Hard to believe it’s 50 years old. I know 3 speed roadster style British bicycles don’t get much love here, but as the Brits say, I’m pretty chuffed with this find!
It's gorgeous! I picked up a '71 last August that I thought was really nice, but wow! That one is even nicer. Love the rear rack!

Is the a 26 inch wheel rack adapted to fit that bike? I noticed the (modernish) clamps around the seat stays.

That's quite a bit nicer than my '73 Tourist, which is one of my two daily commuters. Is that rear rack a Raleigh product, or something aftermarket. I'd love to find one for mine because anytime I've need to haul something in saddlebags, I'm using my '69 Sprite instead because it's got an alloy rear rack that I can use to hang bags.

"Perfectly adjusted rod brakes." Isn't that a contradiction in terms, or at least an oxymoron?

That's quite a bit nicer than my '73 Tourist, which is one of my two daily commuters. Is that rear rack a Raleigh product, or something aftermarket. I'd love to find one for mine because anytime I've need to haul something in saddlebags, I'm using my '69 Sprite instead because it's got an alloy rear rack that I can use to hang bags.

"Perfectly adjusted rod brakes." Isn't that a contradiction in terms, or at least an oxymoron?
The rear rack is a Prestube Minor rack that I've seen on a lot of DL1's but not sure if it is a Raleigh or aftermarket product. Either way, It's smashin', [insert British accent] don't you think?
"Perfectly adjusted rod brakes." ;) That's why I had (!) after it, but considering what contrary and inefficient bike stoppers rod brakes are, these were the best adjusted ones I've ridden.

I must say that that is the best looking dl-1 i have ever seen ,you got very lucky my friend!
I personally think that these always look better with a full chain guard
Love the headlamp too!

Back