When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super LeTour

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

farkasthegoalie

Finally riding a big boys bike
I usually don't buy road bikes, but I picked this one up a while back- couldn't pass up the deal...

bike2.png

super LeTour.png

French made- so i don't believe they are. they look pretty good on this bike though.

-----

Thanks very much for the response. ;)

Pedals appear they may be Eclair brand.

Since cycle assembled of all Japanese fittings they must represent a replacement.

Perhaps a previous owner installed clipless and wished to retain them when parting with bike so fitted these...

---

Two spanner twistin' tips -

Eclair pedals often have their adjustable cones crimped in place so they cannot be disassembled for servicing.

Eclair pedal a)  .jpg

Eclair pedal b)  .jpg

Since pedals are of French origin there is a good possibility that their pedal threads are metric 14mm X 1.25. This will be a loose fit in the bicycles crank arms which are pedal thread 9/16" X 20F. Not a "class A" fit.

-----

-----

Thanks very much for the response. ;)

Pedals appear they may be Eclair brand.

Since cycle assembled of all Japanese fittings they must represent a replacement.

Perhaps a previous owner installed clipless and wished to retain them when parting with bike so fitted these...

---

Two spanner twistin' tips -

Eclair pedals often have their adjustable cones crimped in place so they cannot be disassembled for servicing.

View attachment 1069645

View attachment 1069646

Since pedals are of French origin there is a good possibility that their pedal threads are metric 14mm X 1.25. This will be a loose fit in the bicycles crank arms which are pedal thread 9/16" X 20F. Not a "class A" fit.

-----
Thanks for the info!
I'll be aware of this if i ever decide to ride it- right now it just sits on display in my basement shop.

Here is a pic of mine. As I said earlier you don’t see many of these in white or violet Le Tours either. The super Le Tours are nice riding bikes for their age. Tim

2B5725BC-15F4-4157-9E1E-9542F2B405BD.jpeg

D7F40A2E-5231-4B27-AF03-3FB08C86AAE3.jpeg

BECA5608-3CE3-45D6-BDD8-D8A09B107FD0.jpeg

Back