When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Nice SCHWINN sign - Any Info?

-

desertbirdguy

On Training Wheels
Hey all, can anyone tell me anything about this sign? It's one of the nicest I've seen, can't find any information about it. Great size (24x11x5), works perfect and is in amazing condition. Great colors. If you can't tell from the pictures, it is an army green color with silver side trim pieces. Two mounting holes on top. Big thanks for any information you can provide (year, or anything else about it).

IMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7006.JPG

IMG_7007.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7011.JPG

IMG_7012.JPG

Nice condition!
The glass was painted on the inside surface, and it usually doesn't fair so well after all these years.
I've got a Schwinn sign/advertising catalog around here somewhere, but I wasn't able to locate it at the moment.
I think that particular model was made to be either displayed by hanging in a storefront window or sitting on a counter top.
image.jpeg

Nice condition!
The glass was painted on the inside surface, and it usually doesn't fair so well after all these years.
I've got a Schwinn sign/advertising catalog around here somewhere, but I wasn't able to locate it at the moment.
I think that particular model was made to be either displayed by hanging in a storefront window or sitting on a counter top.View attachment 897701

Thanks for that picture. My red paint is fully intact, and the white is just barely flaking, so looks like I've got a very nice example in prime condition. If you find your catalog, would be interested to see what it says. I was thinking this sign is from the 1930s - early 40s? Any thoughts on a date?

I believe late 40’s yet I’m not exactly sure. I will check some of my literature also. I have one almost identical to yours, with similar white paint flaking.
000cf135b52d498f5cc72e8534126bd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a Miller High Life lit sign that is similar in construction with back painted glass which also has flaking. It seems some of the paint colors were more susceptible to heat and age.
c44c678c52c8f701cb0a2bc7165661e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the cord was cloth I’d say 3Os-4Os, but it seems to be vinyl coated. But that could have been changed due to safety!!! The design says deco period for sure tho . It’s a beauty!

Back