When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Old Mystery Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A

A1912

Hello Everyone!

I have recently rescued an old bike from my landlord as he was about to throw it out in a garage cleaning spree. I know nothing about old bikes, but I liked it so much I decided I would try to restore it and learn about it. Upon examination it turned out it has wooden rims (they were so gray and matched the spokes that I thought they were really old metal at first), and after a very long internet search it turned out to have the same exact frame and be very almost a twin (it is a very very tiny almost, they are nearly identical) to the 1918 ladies Harley Davidson bike that just got auctioned off in Santa Cruz. Wow!

Here is the thing: it's NOT exactly the same, it doesn't have the H D on the chainwheel, but a star...

The chain wheel cover is more elaborate than the Harley, it has circles stamped around it and is a bit more solid but does have the 3 cut out circle design in the middle...

There is no brand plate on the front! Just the screws. It is still mostly original red.

I imagine it was built by the same company that built the Harley Bike, The Davis Sewing Machine Company - I even found out what other people they made bikes for... but I can't find any pictures, old catalogues - anything to confirm what the bike actually is!! Any ideas?

Again, the frame is exactly the same as the 1918 Harley...

Thank you!

well the best thing to do is post up a few pictures If you dont know how to do that just let us know we'll be able to assist you with detailed instructions.

I will definitely post some pictures later today! My camera ran out of batteries... :)

take a look under "FEATURES" at this site ---click on "Behind Bars"
That sounds like your bike---sam

Back