When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super tall c model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
This bike exists out west, and the owner says it has a 23” seat tube. Is this a factory made, dealer made, or custom piece? It has had some repair work around the welds.
EC67AE87-7583-4F37-819D-4079E967407B.png

DD72E6E7-4200-4CA8-B30C-96B6325531A7.jpeg

7BA2F9D2-E3AD-49CE-9FE4-4F662DB38A2C.jpeg

I have a couple pre war tall frame Schwinn frames and they are not that big.

The only Schwinn that I have seen with a head tube that long is a cycle truck.

Show me a photo from a catalog and I will change my mind.

Perhaps you can find one on the cabe.

my understanding is that the longest seat tube was 20" which both of these are.

There are a lot of people on the cabe who know a lot more about old Schwinns than I do.
Eric, bobu or the pwssch would most likely know for sure.

Last edited:
I had this bike for years. It was original/factory made. You could see a little bit of the original squared off gold pin striping under the repaint. I put the sixties pedals and grips on it, the originals were in real rough shape. I had to put the seat all the way down so I could ride it. Sadly, I sold it 25 years ago. Barry

1610823626903.jpeg

1610823741350.jpeg

It is made up. Look at the top tube forward section. Brazed in section to lengthen original tube. How hard is it to make a new tube or at least weld instead?
Since the thing is not painted maybe builder was making a point. I wouldn't want to be jumping unless I was sure about the brass joints. If no reinforcing tube inside it might break.

I have changed my mind.
Do you remember the year of your black bike?
I have a Schwinn frame similar to your red bike but I think it originally had 28" wheels.

It is made up. Look at the top tube forward section. Brazed in section to lengthen original tube. How hard is it to make a new tube or at least weld instead?
Since the thing is not painted maybe builder was making a point. I wouldn't want to be jumping unless I was sure about the brass joints. If no reinforcing tube inside it might break.
Good observation.

Back